Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Addressing UDP datagrams in UNIX Post 5621 by Neo on Saturday 18th of August 2001 09:45:59 PM
Old 08-18-2001
This involves lots of winsock and other NT expertise and this is not the theme of this site.

You might try an NT site for how to debug and program their TCP/IP stack.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Addressing with Digital Unix

I'm trying to set up an IP address on a Digital Unix box. I would like to know the commands in order to do so. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavelyj
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Dual IP addressing

I have a Unix application server with an internet IP address on it for a gateway and a Unix web server with the Internet IP as well configured for its gateway. Now the problem I have is this: due to these gateways, the application server can't communicate with our internal LAN. Therefore, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drew_Harrison
5 Replies

4. Linux

Linux IP addressing Problem

hello, we are having a LAN of about 100 nodes each installed with windows 2000. the default gateway ip address of each system has been assigned the IP of a personal router which connects us to the internet. and offcourse there are a few DNS address also. the ip address range from 192.168.1.1 to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

5. SCO

How to stop A UDP protocol on Unix

Dear All, Kindly guide how to stop UDP protocol on Sco Unix release 5.0 Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

addressing variable content...

I want to address a variable content whose name is/matches the content of a given other variable. i.e. set name=´sam´ set ${name}_age=´27´ So, by typing: echo ${name}_age I correctly obtain: sam_age By typing: echo $sam_age or echo ${sam_age} I correctly obtain: 27 But how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobolev
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Electronic Mail Addressing

"A Directory of Electronic Mail Addressing & Networks" by Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams (O'Reilly & Associates, 1993), Xerox Grapevine, DECNET. The book tells about lots of different ways to present an email address. What i know of are Internet (user@host), UUCP (host!user) and DECNET (host::user)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
2 Replies

8. Programming

Memory addressing question

Forgive me if this sounds like a newbie question. Any time you obtain a stack address from a pointer, what is this relative to by default? Is it the extra segment, the stack segment, what? How do you change change the relative positioning in memory? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Addressing question

This is probably a stupid question but I am finding a tricky issue on my Solaris machines right now. I changed the hostname for my servers as requested by my superior. I had one server that lost it's entire network configuration when I rebooted. I reconfigured it with it's address and I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnxjenn
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

32 bit process addressing more than 4GB

Hello for all, I am testing the behavior of a 32 bit application running on Solaris 5.10 (SPARC), and realize it reaches 4GB of memory and then crashes. It doesn't matter the amount of used memory as application is intended to perform many transactions; rather, what I want to achieve is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leito7824
2 Replies
ip(4p)																	    ip(4p)

Name
       ip - Internet Protocol

Syntax
       #include <sys/socket.h>
       #include <netinet/in.h>

s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_RAW, 0);

Description
       The  IP	is the transport layer protocol used by the Internet protocol family.  It can be accessed through a ``raw socket'' when developing
       new protocols or special purpose applications.  IP sockets are connectionless and are normally used with the and calls.	The call, however,
       can also be used to fix the destination for future packets, in which case the or and or system calls can be used.

Outgoing  packets automatically have an IP header prepended to them, based on the destination address and the protocol number the socket is
       created with.  Incoming packets are received with their IP headers and options intact.

Diagnostics
       On failure, a socket operation returns any of the following errors:

[EISCONN]      Tried to establish a connection on a socket that already had one, or tried to send a datagram with the  destination  address
		      specified when the socket was already connected.

[ENOTCONN]     Tried to send a datagram, but no destination address was specified and the socket was not connected.

[ENOBUFS]      The system ran out of memory for an internal data structure.

[EADDRNOTAVAIL]
		      Made an attempt to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface existed.

See Also
       send(2), recv(2), inet(4f), intro(4n), packetfilter(4)

ip(4p)