Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HELP ASAP.. pretty simple..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP ASAP.. pretty simple.. Post 56209 by ugakid on Wednesday 29th of September 2004 06:33:23 AM
Old 09-29-2004
Computer #2

on number 2 i don't mind telling you i am completely lost here..

while seaching with the man function i think i need to somehow use wc along with ls but not sure exactly how to do so..

any help would be most appreciated..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pretty good aix doc if you are unfamilar with it

http://homepage.virgin.net/johnc.king/files/aixdoc/aixdoc.pdf this is taken from http://watkiss.members.easyspace.com/computers/unix/aix/aixdoc.html it is 372 pages long. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

all the pretty scripts gone...gone...

I managed to delete my first shell script which was a menu that called functions. I made it all real nice and it ran like a winner. I was so pleased with it I wanted to print it out and look it over, over lunch. Well, lets just say Im better at scripting than just regular commands coz I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

3. Programming

I am pretty new to this

Ok, so I need to make a program using PICO. Here is the assignment, if anyone knows how to do this please show me. Thanks. Acme Paints, a well-respected local paint store, is having their big End-Of-Winter Paint Sale. They have way too much red, green, yellow, and blue paint on hand in their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thescene
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My output doesn't match anything...and the program is pretty simple

This is what I have: #include <stdio.h> int main (void) { int integerVar; int floatingVar; int doubleVar; int charVar; integerVar = 100; floatingVar = 331.79; doubleVar = 8.44e+11; charVar = 'W'; _Bool boolVar; boolVar = 0; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding passwd command - Pretty urgent

Can any one please help me for the following :mad: i'm searching for an alternative command in linux for passwd -as (which is in solaris) but in linux there is an option "-S" which gives the status of only one user for listing all the user i cudn't find any alternative this "passwd -as" in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmllint pretty print, batch files

I have about 20 xml files I want to use xmllint to pretty print: xmllint --format file01.xml > pretty_file01.xml xmllint --format file02.xml > pretty_file02.xml etc Is there a way I can just use "xmllint --format" on all the current xml files so I don't have to run this command 20 times?? :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Pretty kool datacentre

Hi All, Just seen this news article on the BBC website. Microsoft sinks data centre off Orkney - BBC News Instead of investing in new cooler processor technology they decide to warm the ocean with the old. Okay, it's just an experiment. Interesting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
2 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-L | -P] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
April 12, 2003 BSD