Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HELP ASAP.. pretty simple..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP ASAP.. pretty simple.. Post 56207 by zazzybob on Wednesday 29th of September 2004 06:27:10 AM
Old 09-29-2004
In that case, post what you have got so far.

What work have you done to solve the problems yourself?

Have you searched these forums to see if people have already answered these questions?

Have you searched http://www.google.com?

Have you searched the man pages (using the apropos command to search the short descriptions)?

People will not be willing to serve you up "answers on a plate"

Cheers
ZB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

pretty good aix doc if you are unfamilar with it

http://homepage.virgin.net/johnc.king/files/aixdoc/aixdoc.pdf this is taken from http://watkiss.members.easyspace.com/computers/unix/aix/aixdoc.html it is 372 pages long. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

all the pretty scripts gone...gone...

I managed to delete my first shell script which was a menu that called functions. I made it all real nice and it ran like a winner. I was so pleased with it I wanted to print it out and look it over, over lunch. Well, lets just say Im better at scripting than just regular commands coz I deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

3. Programming

I am pretty new to this

Ok, so I need to make a program using PICO. Here is the assignment, if anyone knows how to do this please show me. Thanks. Acme Paints, a well-respected local paint store, is having their big End-Of-Winter Paint Sale. They have way too much red, green, yellow, and blue paint on hand in their... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thescene
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My output doesn't match anything...and the program is pretty simple

This is what I have: #include <stdio.h> int main (void) { int integerVar; int floatingVar; int doubleVar; int charVar; integerVar = 100; floatingVar = 331.79; doubleVar = 8.44e+11; charVar = 'W'; _Bool boolVar; boolVar = 0; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwanda
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding passwd command - Pretty urgent

Can any one please help me for the following :mad: i'm searching for an alternative command in linux for passwd -as (which is in solaris) but in linux there is an option "-S" which gives the status of only one user for listing all the user i cudn't find any alternative this "passwd -as" in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmllint pretty print, batch files

I have about 20 xml files I want to use xmllint to pretty print: xmllint --format file01.xml > pretty_file01.xml xmllint --format file02.xml > pretty_file02.xml etc Is there a way I can just use "xmllint --format" on all the current xml files so I don't have to run this command 20 times?? :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Pretty kool datacentre

Hi All, Just seen this news article on the BBC website. Microsoft sinks data centre off Orkney - BBC News Instead of investing in new cooler processor technology they decide to warm the ocean with the old. Okay, it's just an experiment. Interesting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
2 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz.db The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD