Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Post 5610 by AkumaTay on Friday 17th of August 2001 09:39:08 PM
Old 08-17-2001
Linux

I have a 6.4GB hard diskand I have partitioned it into 2 part.
1 for linux(2GB) and 1 for windows(4.4GB).

One day i formatted my windows, which is c:, and later when i install back it, i cant get the lilo boot command oledi, it means tat i cant access to my linux anymore.
My c:\ remain 4.4GB and the 2 GB is lost. Smilie

Anyone know how to get the lilo boot back?

Pls teach me, i need to use it.

Thx.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
LILOCONFIG(8)						     liloconfig documentation						     LILOCONFIG(8)

NAME
liloconfig - create new lilo.conf file (with diskid and uuid) SYNOPSIS
liloconfig [-h] [-v] [-f] [lilo.conf] DESCRIPTION
liloconfig is an simple program for creating a new lilo.conf file. After creating the new configuration file you must execute '/sbin/lilo'. liloconfig use the lilo.example.conf file as template. In the final lilo.conf file you find many useful comments for custom changes. OPTIONS
-h Print a brief help. -v Print verbose messages. -f Force overriding existing lilo.conf. EXAMPLES
Lines in the configuration file /etc/lilo.conf: ### LILO global section ### #large-memory lba32 boot = /dev/sda map = /boot/map install = menu menu-scheme = Wb:Yr:Wb:Wb prompt timeout = 100 vga = normal #default = Linux ### LILO per-image section ### #boot = /dev/sda boot = /dev/disk/by-id/ata-SAMSUNG_SV1604N_S01FJ10X999999 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5book-686 label = "Linux" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 1 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5book-686 image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-686 label = "Linux Old" #root = /dev/sda1 root = "UUID=18843936-00f9-4df0-a373-000d05a5dd44" read-only # restricted # alias = 2 # optional initrd = /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-686 COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (C) 2011 Joachim Wiedorn This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License version 2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'. AUTHOR
lilconfig was written by Joachim Wiedorn. This manual page was written by Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian at joonet.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
lilo(8), update-lilo(8), lilo-uuid-diskid(8) 23.1 2011-03-20 LILOCONFIG(8)