Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CISCO syslogging in linux
Operating Systems Linux CISCO syslogging in linux Post 56094 by RajaRC on Tuesday 28th of September 2004 01:56:06 AM
Old 09-28-2004
I have tried this option but still it is not working.

My linux version is Redhat.
The only thing I couldn't understand is how to enable remote reception over UDP using the -r option.

I beleive the redhat server syslog is by default enables remote logging for all incoming request.

Please explain me more elaborately

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syslogging issues

i'm having some problems with syslogging. i figured out how to allow logging from a specific host (my webramp). syslogd -a ipaddress subnetmask first, what file do the logs go to? second, is there anyway i can save the webramp logs into another file? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Server Performance and Cisco Equipment

Hi, I have different Linux server which connected via LAN ( Cisco switch and fire wall ). Which is the best way to check the performance of LAN ? e.g. permanent traces on Cisco switch or firewall or sar check and compare the parameters like CPU load, I/O performance and so on Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhacodactylus
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Linux behind a cisco router

Dear All, I have worked with xDSL routers working in bridged mode, and linux behind them working as a Firewall utilizing IPTABLES. My question is, how this will change if the xDSL router is replaced with a Cisco Router? I mean to ask that, can I assign a public ip on the linux machine, which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues in setting up remote syslogging

Hello, I am using Ubuntu Linux and having problems in setting up remote syslogging. Appreciate your help on this. On the server unix host, I have made following changes. uncommented following lines in /etc/rsyslog.conf $ModLoad imudp $UDPServerRun 514 Now i am trying to run rsyslog in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)