Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting variable not found with loop? Post 56074 by douknownam on Monday 27th of September 2004 10:35:09 AM
Old 09-27-2004
variable not found with loop?

I cannot seem to pass the value of the variable assigned in the "else" statment below to an "if" statement outside of the loop. When I debug using "set -x", I find that the value of "$A" is empty. Is there something I'm missing here? Code is below:

Code:
do
   if [[ "$var1" = "L" && "$var2" = "e" ]] then
      echo "Good Match" $var1
   elif [[ "$var1" = "T" && "$var2" = "t" ]] then   
      echo "Good Match" $var1
   elif [[ "$var1" = "P" && "$var2" = "c" ]] then
      echo "Good Match" $var1 
   else 
      echo "No Match" 
      A = "N"
   fi
done

if [[ $A = "N" ]] then
      exit

TIA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through found files

Hi I am trying to write a script which will loop through all files that end in ".txt" and ask user if they want to delete the file or not #this print out all files dir=/root/etc/ find $dir -name "*.txt" output: 1.txt 2.txt etc but what i really want is 1.txt delete(Y/N): 2.txt ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file not found error during loop

Hi, I have a strange problem and I'm sure its because I'm doing something stupid. When I loop through all of the files in a directory they cannot be found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -E $ touch a.txt $ touch b.txt $ ls a.txt b.txt $ for f in `ls` ; do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earls
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through between 2 found lines

Hi frnd , hv nice week ahead, in shell script i found 2 words as below 1 ) targ_found=`sed -n \`echo $line_no\`p sesslog.txt | grep -ic 'Targ Rowid'` 2 ) bracket_found=`sed -n \`echo $line_no\`p sesslog.txt | grep -wc ')'` now we got he line number of 2 words. now i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop on array variable returning error: 0 not found

I'm guessing i have a syntax error. I'm not sure it get's past the the while condition. I get an error 0 not found. Simple loop not sure what I'm doing wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -A MtPtArray /u03 /u06 tUbound=${#MtPtArray } echo $tUbound i=0 while ($i -lt $tUbound) do print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KME
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop and file not found

Hi All, I have a simple script.sh file. It gives me " file.txt' for reading (no such file or directory)" Why can this happen? %ls ch1file.txt ch2file.txt ch3file.txt % chmod +x script.sh % bash % ./script.sh where script.sh is as follows for i in seq(3) do awk '{print $1}'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senayasma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop error. (command not found)

can any1 please tell me what is problem with following code: i=1; cat test| while read CMD; do Var$i=$CMD; or Var$i=$(echo $CMD) ; let i++ doneI keep getting error : line 4: Var1=sometext: command not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error in while loop

I am unable to use the value of a variable. while ] do LstFldDataPart =`head -n "$LstFldDataPartCntr" "${FeedFileDir}/${FeedFileBadRecs}" | tail -1 | tr -d '\n'` echo $LstFldDataPart JndLstFldDataPart="${JndLstFldDataPart}${LstFldDataPart}" LstFldDataPartCntr=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continue the loop if the value is not found

Dear Help, Is it possible to continue the loop by going to the next available value, if the 'expected value' is not found. I have a list of values which might not get incremented by fixed value and hence the loop could break and the script could terminate. Any suggestion is appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
1 Replies
QAxObject(3qt)															    QAxObject(3qt)

NAME
QAxObject - QObject that wraps a COM object SYNOPSIS
This class is part of the Qt ActiveQt Extension. #include <qaxobject.h> Inherits QObject and QAxBase. Inherited by QAxScriptEngine. Public Members QAxObject ( QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) QAxObject ( const QString & c, QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) QAxObject ( IUnknown * iface, QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) ~QAxObject () Important Inherited Members QVariant dynamicCall ( const QCString & function, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) QVariant dynamicCall ( const QCString & function, QValueList<QVariant> & vars ) QAxObject * querySubObject ( const QCString & name, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) DESCRIPTION
This class is defined in the Qt ActiveQt Extension, which can be found in the qt/extensions directory. It is not included in the main Qt API. The QAxObject class provides a QObject that wraps a COM object. A QAxObject can be instantiated as an empty object, with the name of the COM object it should wrap, or with a pointer to the IUnknown that represents an existing COM object. If the COM object implements the IDispatch interface, the properties, methods and events of that object become available as Qt properties, slots and signals. The base class, QAxBase, provides an API to access the COM object directly through the IUnknown pointer. QAxObject is a QObject and can be used as such, e.g. it can be organized in an object hierarchy, receive events and connect to signals and slots. Warning: You can subclass QAxObject, but you cannot use the Q_OBJECT macro in the subclass (the generated moc-file will not compile), so you cannot add further signals, slots or properties. This limitation is due to the metaobject information generated in runtime. To work around this problem, aggregate the QAxObject as a member of the QObject subclass. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QAxObject::QAxObject ( QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) Creates an empty COM object and propagates parent and name to the QObject constructor. To initialize the object, call setControl. QAxObject::QAxObject ( const QString & c, QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) Creates a QAxObject that wraps the COM object c. parent and name are propagated to the QWidget contructor. See also control. QAxObject::QAxObject ( IUnknown * iface, QObject * parent = 0, const char * name = 0 ) Creates a QAxObject that wraps the COM object referenced by iface. parent and name are propagated to the QObject contructor. QAxObject::~QAxObject () Releases the COM object and destroys the QAxObject, cleaning up all allocated resources. QVariant QAxBase::dynamicCall ( const QCString & function, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) Calls the COM object's method function, passing the parameters var1, var1, var2, var3, var4, var5, var6, var7 and var8, and returns the value returned by the method, or an invalid QVariant if the method does not return a value or when the function call failed. If function is a method of the object the string must be provided as the full prototype, for example as it would be written in a QObject::connect() call. activeX->dynamicCall( "Navigate(const QString&)", "www.trolltech.com" ); Alternatively a function can be called passing the parameters embedded in the string, e.g. above function can also be invoked using activeX->dynamicCall("Navigate("www.trolltech.com"); All parameters are passed as strings; it depends on the control whether they are interpreted correctly, and is slower than using the prototype with correctly typed parameters. If function is a property the string has to be the name of the property. The property setter is called when var1 is a valid QVariant, otherwise the getter is called. activeX->dynamicCall( "Value", 5 ); QString text = activeX->dynamicCall( "Text" ).toString(); Note that it is faster to get and set properties using QObject::property() and QObject::setProperty(). It is only possible to call functions through dynamicCall() that have parameters or return values of datatypes supported by QVariant. See the QAxBase class documentation for a list of supported and unsupported datatypes. If you want to call functions that have unsupported datatypes in the parameter list, use queryInterface() to retrieve the appropriate COM interface, and use the function directly. IWebBrowser2 *webBrowser = 0; activeX->queryInterface( IID_IWebBrowser2, (void**)&webBrowser ); if ( webBrowser ) { webBrowser->Navigate2( pvarURL ); webBrowser->Release(); } This is also more efficient. Example: qutlook/centralwidget.cpp. QVariant QAxBase::dynamicCall ( const QCString & function, QValueList<QVariant> & vars ) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It behaves essentially like the above function. Calls the COM object's method function, passing the parameters in vars, and returns the value returned by the method. If the method does not return a value or when the function call failed this function returns an invalid QVariant object. The QVariant objects in vars are updated when the method has out-parameters. QAxObject * QAxBase::querySubObject ( const QCString & name, const QVariant & var1 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var2 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var3 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var4 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var5 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var6 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var7 = QVariant ( ), const QVariant & var8 = QVariant ( ) ) Returns a pointer to a QAxObject wrapping the COM object provided by the method or property name, passing passing the parameters var1, var1, var2, var3, var4, var5, var6, var7 and var8. If name is provided by a method the string must include the full function prototype. If name is a property the string must be the name of the property, and var1, ... var8 are ignored. The returned QAxObject is a child of this object (which is either of type QAxObject or QAxWidget), and is deleted when this object is deleted. It is however safe to delete the returned object yourself, and you should do so when you iterate over lists of subobjects. COM enabled applications usually have an object model publishing certain elements of the application as dispatch interfaces. Use this method to navigate the hierarchy of the object model, e.g. QAxWidget outlook( "Outlook.Application" ); QAxObject *session = outlook.querySubObject( "Session" ); if ( session ) { QAxObject *defFolder = session->querySubObject( "GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders)", "olFolderContacts" ); //... } Example: qutlook/centralwidget.cpp. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qaxobject.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qaxobject.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QAxObject(3qt)