Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create a new file system
Operating Systems SCO create a new file system Post 55910 by RTM on Wednesday 22nd of September 2004 08:22:09 AM
Old 09-22-2004
Quote:
I have a root filesystem that takes up most of the hard disc space and I want to reduce the size of that and create a /u.
Why not just leave it? At this point, you are just looking at many hours of work.

Quote:
I have tried divvy amd mkdev fs but to no avail.
Yes, it wouldn't work since most of the space is in /. Lucky you didn't trash the whole thing.

Two options - start from scratch (wipe it all out and reinstall remembering to put in /u)
or
back it all up to tape, wipe it all out, create a / with less space, create your missing /u, and try to restore to the correct filesystems.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to create a file with its name having system date

Hi, Iam new to unix . I need to write a scritp which can create a file having sysdate as a part of it.and i also need to delete file which is created five days before in a directory.pls Help me out thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsa
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a new file system

Is there any URL or procedure to create a new file system on solaris 8/9/10.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Create an ISO image of whole system

Hi All, Please help me with this. My plan is to create an ISO image of my current solaris 8 OS.Because we use a stripped out version of solaris 8 which is different than the standard one in CD. Will dd command will do ? My idea is to create a VMware image from iso file and play it in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create new simple System Call.

Hello to all! I am new with unix and i need your help to make something.. First of all i want to inform you that i am working under the Minix 3 OS. What i want to make is, a new system call in terms of the process manager. This system call should take an integer as a parameter (input) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kostis1904
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For create file system.

How many ways and how we can create unix file system in sun solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anupdas
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure disk array in RAID5 and create file system

I'm new to forums, it's my first time posting. I have a sun v490 server. I just installed solaris 10.6, on the local drives. I'm being asked to do the following: For Oracle install I need “oracle” user that belong to “dba” and “oinstall” groups. File system /u01/app/oracle, 10GB (if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to create file system (newfs)

Hi I have the following cenario: I have requested a LUN from the NetApp to create a file system, and the netapp admin provide me with one as you can see below, but after following all the steps, I could not create a file system on the device: # format Searching for disks...done ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies

9. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3pm)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3pm)