Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? why i havent been posting so frequently... Post 55899 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 21st of September 2004 09:39:34 PM
Old 09-21-2004
to anyone interested, i got the engine in and the car is running. here are some pictures of the swap, some pics of the new engine in the car will go up soon.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v397/laggedmkiii/

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Frequently used command in UNIX

Dear Frenz, Is there any possbility to get the list of previous commands that i executed in SCO-Unix and reexecute them as required. Like Doskey in DOS Please help me Regards myuser (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: myuser
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server rebooting frequently

O/P of the uname -a Server Server 4.0 3.0 3516 Pentium IV(TM)-ISA/PCI Server is getting rebooted frequetly... I don't know what is the problem in server ... Any help why the server is getting rebooted frequetly. Can i check what is the problem like in log files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Server Hanging frequently - urgent help required

hi, I am facing a sever problem in mu HO-UX 11.11.0 Server which is getting hanged for last 3/4 days. Its giveing error insufficient memory. Earlier this problem was not there. We are using oour ERP & informix on the same. There no heavy & sudden increase of data. When I checked the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micku_100
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Server Rebooting frequently

Deall All, I have facing some problem. I have a Sun 4500 Server at the customer place. Now the server is not booting mean's once the server is coming up it is automatically rebooting. As this is the critical server for the customer that is use for production . Can this be solved by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
10 Replies

5. Linux

/var getting fill frequently

I have Red hat Linux server. There are 14 NFS shares which are coming from NAS. There are so many messages filling /var/log/messages, which seems like some NFS logging is enables somewhere, but I am not able to figure it out. Every few minutes, it will filll my /var (which is part of root) to 100%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

6. Linux

Running 'sync' command frequently.

I have a Linux server that runs a Java based app that automates file transfers for a large number of users/systems. I'm running into a problem with the scripts for this automation program in that when I have a function in the script generate an output file, and the next line requires that file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Interface card link goes down and recovers frequently

Hi Experts, I have an issue where the interface card went down for like four times in last one week in redhat linux server. Every time it goes down, it comes back. 2014 Oct 21 07:22:14 <hostname> kernel: nx_nic: NIC Link is down 2014 Oct 21 07:22:21 <hostname> kernel: nx_nic: NIC Link is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanu1985
3 Replies
talk(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   talk(1)

NAME
talk - talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk_party [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
The utility is a two-way, screen-oriented communication program. The command argument talk_party can take one the following forms: user where user is a login name and host is a host name. The optional command argument, ttyname, can be used to specify the terminal to be used when contacting a user who is logged in more than once. In absence of this argument, will try to contact the user on the user's most recently used terminal. When first invoked, sends the following message to the party it tries to connect to (callee): ... At this point, the recipient of the message can reply by typing: Once communication is established, the two parties can type simultaneously, with their output displayed in separate regions of the screen. Characters are processed as follows: o Typing characters from LC_CTYPE classifications print or space will cause those characters to be sent to the recipient's terminal. o Typing <control>-L will cause the sender's screen to be refreshed. o Typing the erase, kill or kill word character will delete the last character, line or word on the sender's terminal, with the action propagated to the recipient's terminal. o Typing the interrupt character will terminate the local talk utility. Once the talk session has been terminated on one side, the other side of the talk session will be notified that the session has been terminated and will be able to do nothing except exit. o Other non-printable characters typed on the sender's terminal are converted to printable characters before they are sent to the recipi- ent's terminal. Permission to be a recipient of a message can be denied or granted by using the utility. However, a user may need other privileges to be able to access other users' terminals. The utility will fail when the user lacks the appropriate privileges. SEE ALSO
mesg(1), who(1), write(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
talk(1)