Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX hdisk error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX hdisk error Post 5588 by PxT on Friday 17th of August 2001 10:51:06 AM
Old 08-17-2001
Try the commands mentioned here to get some more info:

http://mail.ahinc.com/aix/general.htm#errpt

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

2. AIX

VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG

When I list the PV's using lspv i see both vpath and hdisk names being listed. I got the info that each vpath is configured for 4 hdisks. Problem is I am not able to add either the hard disks in vpath to the existing non-rootvg. ? need to know the basics of vpath .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

3. AIX

load_balance or round_robin on hdisk

Hi, in an environment with svc's and ds8xxx wat disk algorithm should be used and what is the difference here: I can set the algorithm to Load_balance and to Round_robin (see output below). some info: hdisk3 ******** MPIO FC 2145 devices.sddpcm.53.rte 2.2.0.0 COMMITTED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raba
1 Replies

4. AIX

Dummy hdisk in AIX 6.1

How do you create a dummy hdisk with AIX 6.1? In previous versions, I've used this and works, but now I get this error. hostname:/:# mkdev -l hdisk57 -c disk -t osdisk -s scsi -p fscsi0 -w 0,10 -d Method error (/etc/methods/define): 0514-022 The specified connection is not valid. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

5. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

6. AIX

Find hdisk# based on LV name

I know the lv name (i.e. dprod_0000017). #lslv dprod_0000017 LOGICAL VOLUME: dprod_0000017 VOLUME GROUP: prod01vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00cb337d00004c0000000111d8566a5a.69 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: opened/syncd TYPE: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

7. AIX

Quorum and hdisk issue

Hi. I found an issue with my appvg present in my server.my server is a single node and not part of hacmp. pmut3# lspv hdisk0 00c5c9cf92ebb96a rootvg active hdisk1 00c5c9cfcf30eee9 appvg hdisk2 00c5c9cfcf30ef98 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching hdisk sequence

Hi, Planning to implement script to fetch whether the hdisks are in proper sequence. Need output for incorrect sequence Correct #lspv hdisk0 hdisk1 hdisk2 :::::::::::: hdisk5 Incorrect sequence #lspv hdisk0 hdisk6 hdisk7 hdisk10 Any idea pls share (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX hdisk Mirror vs alt_clone

Hello, I have two hdisk in Power7 machine, the rootvg on hdisk0. So to make a disk redundancy should make mirror or alt_clone and what is the different. Appreciate your help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moudmm
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
VGCONVERT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGCONVERT(8)

NAME
vgconvert - convert volume group metadata format SYNOPSIS
vgconvert [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] [-M|--metadatatypetype] [--pvmetadatacopies#copies] [--meta- datasizesize] [--version] VolumeGroupName [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgconvert converts VolumeGroupName metadata from one format to another provided that the metadata fits into the same space. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) and pvcreate(8) for options. EXAMPLE
Convert volume group vg1 from LVM1 metadata format to the new LVM2 metadata format. vgconvert -M2 vg1 RECOVERY
Use pvscan(8) to see which PVs lost their metadata. Run pvcreate(8) with the --uuid and --restorefile options on each such PV to reformat it as it was, using the archive file that vgconvert(8) created at the start of the procedure. Finally run vgcfgrestore(8) with that ar- chive file to restore the original metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), vgcfgrestore(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCONVERT(8)