Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE What happened to my three threads? Post 55860 by Perderabo on Tuesday 21st of September 2004 09:45:32 AM
Old 09-21-2004
Sorry, I deleted them. I saw that you posted two identical sets of threads and I deleted one set.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

what happened?

A few hours ago I made several reasonable posts to this forum and now they have dissapeared. I read and followed the rules, and I sure didn't break any, but gone they are :( I know I only joined the forum today, but do the posts have to be authorised or something? ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happened to my user accounts?

Ahhhh!!!!!!!! All of my user accounts can no longer login. I suspected a corrupt passwd file, but everything looks OK and the passwd file works when I copy it to another system. All user accounts cannot login...they recieve a "No directory defined" error, but I can logon using root just fine. I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
13 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

what happened to ygor..??

:D anyone hear from ygor..? haven't seen him post in a while... wonder what he is up to..! the last i heard he was the D25khan.. that was him right guys ??? being a newbie myself that is one dude that i admire. him Norsk, Perdebro, RTM , Google and Zazzybob all real genius.. and the most... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What happened with AWK?

The second script seems not to work. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: endeavour1985
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happened to mkisofs ?

I've been using a mkisofs line like this for years without problem # mkisofs -J -R -V 'Vol Label' -o /output/path/FILE.ISO /input/path/ Now, however, it gives a UTR-8 character message at the start INFO: UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings. Assuming UTF-8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Happened :(

Hello, I have created a dosrename script and it was working fine unitl today. I can't think what i have changed (don't think i have to be honest). The error is when i run the script it says the file i am trying to rename does not exist when it blatently does. Or is it a typo when i run the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz8146
4 Replies

7. Solaris

what happened to admintool?

what happened to admintool in Solaris10? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What happened to coolerbooks?

I just found the website coolerbooks.com a couple weeks ago. It was a site that had loads of free ebooks for download. But now it seems to have been hijacked by some Microsoft search thing. There was an article last year claiming it teamed with Google (the anti-Microsoft!) to offer the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
2 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)