Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX hdisk error
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX hdisk error Post 5584 by Optimus_P on Friday 17th of August 2001 09:30:28 AM
Old 08-17-2001
AIX hdisk error

Does anyone have an idea what this means? hdisk10 is part of vg1. (vg1 has 11 hdisks)

I get this msg every morning @ 5:04 CST

This is the orignal message:
Code:
A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Fri Aug 17 03:02:09 PDT 2001                    801014

The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or Cause(s):

679-128:  Error log analysis indicates a hardware failure.
  100%  hdisk10           20-60-00-10,0     16 Bit SCSI Disk Drive (4500
             phyloc-code: n/a

Code:
(hostname)# lsvg -p vg1
PV_NAME           PV STATE    TOTAL PPs   FREE PPs    FREE DISTRIBUTION
hdisk10           active      537         226         15..93..00..10..108

(hostname)# lsvg -n hdisk10
VOLUME GROUP:   vg1                      VG IDENTIFIER:  000296893b485ead
VG STATE:       active                   PP SIZE:        8 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION:  read/write               TOTAL PPs:      5370 (42960 megabytes)
MAX LVs:        256                      FREE PPs:       1823 (14584 megabytes)
LVs:            19                       USED PPs:       3547 (28376 megabytes)
OPEN LVs:       0                        QUORUM:         1
TOTAL PVs:      10                       VG DESCRIPTORS: 10
STALE PVs:      0                        STALE PPs:      0
ACTIVE PVs:     0                        AUTO ON:        yes
MAX PPs per PV: 1016                     MAX PVs:        32

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

2. AIX

VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG

When I list the PV's using lspv i see both vpath and hdisk names being listed. I got the info that each vpath is configured for 4 hdisks. Problem is I am not able to add either the hard disks in vpath to the existing non-rootvg. ? need to know the basics of vpath .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

3. AIX

load_balance or round_robin on hdisk

Hi, in an environment with svc's and ds8xxx wat disk algorithm should be used and what is the difference here: I can set the algorithm to Load_balance and to Round_robin (see output below). some info: hdisk3 ******** MPIO FC 2145 devices.sddpcm.53.rte 2.2.0.0 COMMITTED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raba
1 Replies

4. AIX

Dummy hdisk in AIX 6.1

How do you create a dummy hdisk with AIX 6.1? In previous versions, I've used this and works, but now I get this error. hostname:/:# mkdev -l hdisk57 -c disk -t osdisk -s scsi -p fscsi0 -w 0,10 -d Method error (/etc/methods/define): 0514-022 The specified connection is not valid. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

5. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

6. AIX

Find hdisk# based on LV name

I know the lv name (i.e. dprod_0000017). #lslv dprod_0000017 LOGICAL VOLUME: dprod_0000017 VOLUME GROUP: prod01vg LV IDENTIFIER: 00cb337d00004c0000000111d8566a5a.69 PERMISSION: read/write VG STATE: active/complete LV STATE: opened/syncd TYPE: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

7. AIX

Quorum and hdisk issue

Hi. I found an issue with my appvg present in my server.my server is a single node and not part of hacmp. pmut3# lspv hdisk0 00c5c9cf92ebb96a rootvg active hdisk1 00c5c9cfcf30eee9 appvg hdisk2 00c5c9cfcf30ef98 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching hdisk sequence

Hi, Planning to implement script to fetch whether the hdisks are in proper sequence. Need output for incorrect sequence Correct #lspv hdisk0 hdisk1 hdisk2 :::::::::::: hdisk5 Incorrect sequence #lspv hdisk0 hdisk6 hdisk7 hdisk10 Any idea pls share (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX hdisk Mirror vs alt_clone

Hello, I have two hdisk in Power7 machine, the rootvg on hdisk0. So to make a disk redundancy should make mirror or alt_clone and what is the different. Appreciate your help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moudmm
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
LVRESIZE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVRESIZE(8)

NAME
lvresize - resize a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvresize [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [--noudevsync] [-i|--stripes Stripes [-I|--stripesize StripeSize]] {[-l|--extents [+|-]LogicalEx- tentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] | [-L|--size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]} [-f|--force] [-n|--nofsck] [-r|--resizefs] LogicalVolume{Name|Path} [PhysicalVolumePath[:PE[-PE]]...] DESCRIPTION
lvresize allows you to resize a logical volume. Be careful when reducing a logical volume's size, because data in the reduced part is lost!!! You should therefore ensure that any filesystem on the volume is shrunk first so that the extents that are to be removed are not in use. Resizing snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information about creating snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert(8). OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Force resize without prompting even when it may cause data loss. -n, --nofsck Do not perform fsck before resizing filesystem when filesystem requires it. You may need to use --force to proceed with this option. -r, --resizefs Resize underlying filesystem together with the logical volume using fsadm(8). -l, --extents [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] Change or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the + or - sign the value is added to or subtracted from the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, as a percentage of the remaining free space of the PhysicalVolumes on the command line with the suffix %PVS, as a per- centage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE, or (for a snapshot) as a percentage of the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN. The resulting value is rounded downward for the substraction otherwise it is rounded upward. -L, --size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] Change or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of M for megabytes, G for gigabytes, T for terabytes, P for petabytes or E for exabytes is optional. With the + or - sign the value is added or subtracted from the actual size of the log- ical volume and rounded to the full extent size and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -i, --stripes Stripes Gives the number of stripes to use when extending a Logical Volume. Defaults to whatever the last segment of the Logical Volume uses. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. -I, --stripesize StripeSize Gives the number of kilobytes for the granularity of the stripes. Defaults to whatever the last segment of the Logical Volume uses. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. StripeSize must be 2^n (n = 2 to 9). --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Extend a logical volume vg1/lv1 by 16MB using physical extents /dev/sda:0-1 and /dev/sdb:0-1 for allocation of extents: lvresize -L+16M vg1/lv1 /dev/sda:0-1 /dev/sdb:0-1 SEE ALSO
fsadm(8), lvm(8), lvconvert(8), lvcreate(8), lvreduce(8), lvchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVRESIZE(8)