Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Huge dinner party faux paus!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Huge dinner party faux paus! Post 55798 by zazzybob on Monday 20th of September 2004 09:06:11 AM
Old 09-20-2004
A very good point indeed. I (now) think that any heated debate should be kept away from such "pleasant" dinner parties. I suppose the topic was computing solely because most of my friends (and my wifes) are involved in IT at some level.

I think that such heated debates have their time and place, and over the dinner table is not one of them!

Next time, I will be discussing the weather, the kids, and the price of my groceries - a much safer option!!

Cheers
ZB

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

third party scarlets not working

hi, I have downloaded and installed some third party screenlets, when i am launching the liga screenlet i am not getting any thing , even not displaying any thing . and some like "word of the day " "quote of the day " are not working correctly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikoushik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

third party screenlets are not working

hi, I have downloaded and installed some third party screenlets, when i am launching the liga screenlet i am not getting any thing , even not displaying any thing . and some like "word of the day " "quote of the day " are not working correctly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikoushik
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

client auth for jboss using third party certificates

Hi All, I am looking for a way to authenticate clients accesing a jboss application via ssl certificates. Here is what I have don so far: Created CSR using keytool Sent CSR to thawte Received from Thawte the following files: ca-intermdiate.crt and certificate.crt. I assume the intermediate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariusp
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

I use a swivel office chair at the dinner table

Years ago when I saw the movie Witness, I was impressed that the old Amish man used an office chair on wheels to sit at the table. It allowed him to launch and wheel across the kitchen to grab condiments. I just bought myself an office desk chair on wheels to sit at my table so I can easily... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Third party cron service

Hi, Is there any third party scheduling service like cron or at service which used for scheduling tasks in a specific time. In the same time, is these third party scheduling service (if available) effect the default or the normal crontab service while both are running in the same time (e.g.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies
METAR(1)							       metar								  METAR(1)

NAME
metar - A METAR downloader/decoder SYNOPSIS
metar [-dvh] stations DESCRIPTION
METAR reports are meteorological weather reports for aviation. metar is a small program which downloads weather reports for user-specified stations and optionally decodes them into a human-readable format. Aviation weather stations are commonly referred to by ICAO designator. The ICAO is the International Civil Aviation Organization, a inter- national standardization body for civil organization. For example, KJFK is the ICAO identifier for John F. Kennedy Airport in New York, New York, EHAM is the ICAO identifier for Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, The Netherlands, etc. OPTIONS
metar requires at least one station identifier to run. A full list of ICAO stations is available for download at http://weather.noaa.gov/data/nsd_bbsss.txt. metar supports three additional options: -d Decode the retrieved weather reports into a human-readable format. -v Be verbose while retrieving a report. -h Show a short help summary ENVIRONMENT
If the environment variable METARURL is set, metar will attempt to download the weather report from that location, rather than from the default (the NOAA web site). The value of METARURL will be postfixed with the capitalized station ID, followed by the .TXT extension. For example, if you have METAR reports in your home directory, setting METARURL to $HOME and asking for the weather report of ehgr will result in the file $HOME/EHGR.TXT to be read. AUTHOR
Kees Leune <kees@leune.org> metar 20061030.1 2005-04-08 METAR(1)