Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Huge dinner party faux paus!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Huge dinner party faux paus! Post 55795 by Perderabo on Monday 20th of September 2004 08:07:54 AM
Old 09-20-2004
"heated debates" serve no purpose. When I sense the heat level rising, I bow out and let the hotheads take over. Rather than considering computing off-limits, perhaps "heated debates" should be off limits. And they can arise from any almost any subject. Would a heated debate involving, say, cloning pleased your wife any more?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

third party scarlets not working

hi, I have downloaded and installed some third party screenlets, when i am launching the liga screenlet i am not getting any thing , even not displaying any thing . and some like "word of the day " "quote of the day " are not working correctly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikoushik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

third party screenlets are not working

hi, I have downloaded and installed some third party screenlets, when i am launching the liga screenlet i am not getting any thing , even not displaying any thing . and some like "word of the day " "quote of the day " are not working correctly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikoushik
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

client auth for jboss using third party certificates

Hi All, I am looking for a way to authenticate clients accesing a jboss application via ssl certificates. Here is what I have don so far: Created CSR using keytool Sent CSR to thawte Received from Thawte the following files: ca-intermdiate.crt and certificate.crt. I assume the intermediate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariusp
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

I use a swivel office chair at the dinner table

Years ago when I saw the movie Witness, I was impressed that the old Amish man used an office chair on wheels to sit at the table. It allowed him to launch and wheel across the kitchen to grab condiments. I just bought myself an office desk chair on wheels to sit at my table so I can easily... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Third party cron service

Hi, Is there any third party scheduling service like cron or at service which used for scheduling tasks in a specific time. In the same time, is these third party scheduling service (if available) effect the default or the normal crontab service while both are running in the same time (e.g.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies
PRLIMIT(1)							   User Commands							PRLIMIT(1)

NAME
prlimit - get and set process resource limits SYNOPSIS
prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] [--pid PID] prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
Given a process ID and one or more resources, prlimit tries to retrieve and/or modify the limits. When command is given, prlimit will run this command with the given arguments. The limits parameter is composed of a soft and a hard value, separated by a colon (:), in order to modify the existing values. If no lim- its are given, prlimit will display the current values. If one of the values is not given, then the existing one will be used. To specify the unlimited or infinity limit (RLIM_INFINITY), the -1 or 'unlimited' string can be passed. Because of the nature of limits, the soft limit must be lower or equal to the high limit (also called the ceiling). To see all available resource limits, refer to the RESOURCE OPTIONS section. soft:hard Specify both limits. soft: Specify only the soft limit. :hard Specify only the hard limit. value Specify both limits to the same value. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. --noheadings Do not print a header line. -o, --output list Define the output columns to use. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. -p, --pid Specify the process id; if none is given, the running process will be used. --raw Use the raw output format. --verbose Verbose mode. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RESOURCE OPTIONS
-c, --core[=limits] Maximum size of a core file. -d, --data[=limits] Maximum data size. -e, --nice[=limits] Maximum nice priority allowed to raise. -f, --fsize[=limits] Maximum file size. -i, --sigpending[=limits] Maximum number of pending signals. -l, --memlock[=limits] Maximum locked-in-memory address space. -m, --rss[=limits] Maximum Resident Set Size (RSS). -n, --nofile[=limits] Maximum number of open files. -q, --msgqueue[=limits] Maximum number of bytes in POSIX message queues. -r, --rtprio[=limits] Maximum real-time priority. -s, --stack[=limits] Maximum size of the stack. -t, --cpu[=limits] CPU time, in seconds. -u, --nproc[=limits] Maximum number of processes. -v, --as[=limits] Address space limit. -x, --locks[=limits] Maximum number of file locks held. -y, --rttime[=limits] Timeout for real-time tasks. EXAMPLES
prlimit --pid 13134 Display limit values for all current resources. prlimit --pid 13134 --rss --nofile=1024:4095 Display the limits of the RSS, and set the soft and hard limits for the number of open files to 1024 and 4095, respectively. prlimit --pid 13134 --nproc=512: Modify only the soft limit for the number of processes. prlimit --pid $$ --nproc=unlimited Set for the current process both the soft and ceiling values for the number of processes to unlimited. prlimit --cpu=10 sort -u hugefile Set both the soft and hard CPU time limit to ten seconds and run 'sort'. SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), prlimit(2) NOTES
The prlimit system call is supported since Linux 2.6.36, older kernels will break this program. AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> - In memory of Dennis M. Ritchie. AVAILABILITY
The prlimit command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 PRLIMIT(1)