Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root mailbox problem
Operating Systems Linux root mailbox problem Post 55667 by hassan2 on Thursday 16th of September 2004 12:22:27 PM
Old 09-16-2004
what mta are you using? Exim, sendmail or postfix which one??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox file format

Does anyone know where can I find information about UNIX mailbox files' organization? I am willing to develop a file-mailbox-compliant mail agent, but for doing so I need that information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exile
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Mailbox

Hi!! Where can i delete or find the *.mbox files in unix??? Please help me!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juergen1234
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailbox Nightmares!

I would like to migrate my current system's mailboxes to mail folders and i'm currently running exim! Anyone help with a new mail server and the migration to the one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enzophite
1 Replies

4. Solaris

problem with root password

I have 3 servers all running solaris 9 using ssh I changed the root passwd on all 3 a few months ago. I cannot log in as root currently as it wont accept password. I try to su from another user to root - when I type the password that I know to be correct it rejects the password immediately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How can I edit the mailbox manually

I use gmail to POP my account because of the spamfilter. From time to time I receive an error message "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Ple..." after this I am no longer able to retrieve my mails because of the blocked session: "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolandk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

shell problem for root

hi i was just playing with my x86 machine with solaris10 on it what i hated was whenever i started my new terminal it started with sh shell so i changed it to bash by changing the last value in /etc/passwd to/sbin/bash and then i logged out and started again BBUT it said no login shell i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiwsaj
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need delete old mailbox

HI guys, I used my server linux how server to send and receive mails, but my mailbox now are so big and I need delete old mails, I found a program in the web called "expired_mail", but i found some problem with this porgram because delete some files mailbox "big problem" Somebody know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcordova
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

email mailbox output -

this was handy for me. stout goes to mail here. #mailbox pgm=mailbox USER1=`eval whoami` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill L.
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fedroa 14 root and wi-fi problem.

I am using Fedora 14. I got two problems after installation: 1) After installation when I tried login through root it said bad authentication failure. After login through restricted user I tried to test su in terminal which worked with same password. 2) It doesn't have any wireless firmware... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies