Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apm...??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers apm...?? Post 55624 by moxxx68 on Wednesday 15th of September 2004 06:26:51 PM
Old 09-15-2004
MySQL to Zazzybob... will do!

Smilie thax for the input.. infact one of my main goals for the coming year 2005 (the second year of unix for me) is to acquire someknow how into accessing the kernel and the operating system.. so far I have managed to get into shell scripting, c programming and and some device file usage and that has worked out pretty well.. on top of the first three aplications that I learned to use, sed, grep and awk.. . if there is information on this site about recompiling the kernel and other such subjects I will probably find it..
thanx for the tip moxxx68Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Warning: cannot connect to APM

After installation of SCO Openserver 5.0.7 following warning messegae show at the time of Loading Kernel hd(40) unix.bss warring: cannot connect to APM, error 0x0008 system loaded press <return> to start can any one please help me to solve this issue thanks and best regards hafeez (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafizurr
0 Replies

2. BSD

NetBSD 6.1.2: apm and admd not found

I installed NetBSD 6.1.2 amd64 and can't find the apm utility. Is it not in the base system? Is it necessary to recompile the default amd64 kernel to use apm? Or is there a new method for power management and suspend/resume? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdx
2 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. -V Display version information and exit. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD