Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Which Unix for Fileserving with NTFS partitions as one sole purpose use? Post 55612 by HamidNassiby on Wednesday 15th of September 2004 03:10:14 PM
Old 09-15-2004
Hi
Fedora has a low level of stability;
If you want a more stable distribution you can use
"Libranet GNU/Linux"
Its a disto built on the base of debian sarge and has a high stability;
But if you have a high speed connection to internet I prefer
you to download the debian sarge after 15 september.
That distro has 14 CD`s but is new stable and fastest
distribution yet;
Good Luck

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File Sharing among NTFS Partition & RH Linux 9 Partitions

Well Guys, will anybody solve my problem? I have installed Win XP and RH Linux 9 (Dual Boot) on an Intel x86 Machine. Everything is going fine except that I cannot share files among the two operating systems. For example, if I download a PDF file from internet and save it in my Win XP partition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
1 Replies

2. Linux

GRUB cannot boot NTFS partitions?

I have an issue with booting NTFS partitions with Grub. I have two HHD 1st HDD with Red Hat 9.0 and Grub as bootloader 2nd HDD with 8 Win partitions all ntfs. I have added the following line in my grub.conf: title Windows2000/Domino 6 root (hd1,0) makeactive chainloader +1 When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDE Man
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of lint in UNIX

Can Any One let me know abut the use on "lint" in UNIX...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar_saurabh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix partitions

how to access/sliceing different partions using divvy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sobin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix; possible to resize partitions?

If anyone is willing to help I would defenitely appreciate it! The situtation is that we have a client that had a "falling out" with their software/hardware vendor and now aren't able to get support for their machines and software. What's happening is they're using SCO-Unix and a medical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PartieHonteuse
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Gparted, NTFS, Partitions, and power failures.

Having just installed mint on my new raptor, I decided I was going to removel the old unix partition from my NTFS back up drive, and resize the NTFS partition to fill the full 500gigs instead of just 300. While resizing the 300 gig to fill the full drive my computer shut off. When I booted back... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of /etc/cron.d

What is the purpose of /etc/cron.d? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Solaris

NTFS HDD readable from UNIX

I have somehow taken on the collateral duties of System Administrator for our small internal network. At current we have one main file server with 48 SATA swappable drives under the Solaris 10 OS. My question is this. Our analysts are bringing back data from the field in Windows formatted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbrowne20
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Purpose of <>

Hi, I have read from the book that , <> causes the file to be used as both input as well as output. Can anyone give me the scenario where <> will be useful? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
10 Replies
Debian::Debget(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Debian::Debget(3pm)

NAME
Debian::Debget - helper functions used by debget et al SYNOPSIS
XXX DESCRIPTION
These are functions used by debget and related scripts, but you can use them, too. I will do everything possible to retain backwards compatibility for the interfaces documented here. Most of these functions will "die" if they're called in a context (scalar, list) which doesn't match what they expect. This is so that I will be able to change them to return something different in the other context without breaking old code. IMPORTABLES
binary_package_info package This function returns some information about a binary package. If the package isn't found nothing is returned. If it is found, the return value is a data structure like this: $r->{$distribution}{$architecture} = $version; # $distribution => 'stable', 'experimental', etc. # $architecture => 'i386', 'powerpc', etc. If something goes seriously wrong binary_package_info will "die". source_package_info package This function returns some information about a source package. If the package isn't found nothing is returned. If it is found, the return value is a data structure like this: $r->{$distribution} = [$version, @binary_package_list]; # $distribution => 'stable', 'experimental', etc. # $version => '123.4-5', etc. # @binary_package_list => qw(nethack-common nethack-x11), etc. cmp_debian_versions v1, v2 This is like "cmp" for Debian package version numbers. It is prototyped to take 2 scalar arguments, so it can be used as-is as a "sort" comparison function. upstream_version debian-version This returns the upstream version extracted from the given debian-version pool_dir package This returns the pool directory (starting at the "pool/" level) in which files for package are stored. package can be either a binary or source package name. SEE ALSO
debget(1), AptPkg(3pm) AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.10.0 2008-12-12 Debian::Debget(3pm)