Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding a Unix machine to the domain Post 55575 by Wize on Wednesday 15th of September 2004 03:24:12 AM
Old 09-15-2004
AD Domain ..

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Unix Domain

hello, how can we create a domain in unix operating systems. By domain i mean which is used to maintain remote user logins and etc. cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX in MS Win2003 Domain

Hi, Can I make a UNIX or LINUX machine a member of MS Active Directory 2003? How? Regards Leo (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teamplay
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a host entry on another machine

I have written this small script to add an entry to a remote /etc/hosts file which needs to be run from our central admin box and is passed one parameter $1 <hostname> #!/bin/ksh echo "Which host entry would you like to add to $1" read host_to_add echo "what is the IP address?" read ip ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unable to ping freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name

hi all. am unable to ping a freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name from a windows machine. i have already set the fqdn for the machine. plz advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Linux

Adding linux system into windows domain

Hi i need to add linux system into windows network .Tell me the procedure if anybody know. Thanks & Regards, Veerababu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerababu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

help needed to put machine in domain

Hi All, I am working on Solaris sparc 9 and my computer name is mgsun. I want to bring this machine to a specific domain (e.g.-xx.xx.org). So please help me to do the same.. thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Adding Domain name n resolv.conf file without vi editor

Hi Guys, I want to add the domain name entry to resolv.conf file. when i use the vi editor to do it the changes are gone after DNS client is being restarted. In Solairs 11 I figured out svccfg command will help to retain the cinfguration. but in linux how do we do that. Also for Solaris are there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk0508
2 Replies

9. SCO

Machine and domain renaming

HELP! I am running UNIX 7.1.4 and trying to change an existing machines' name, domain, and IP address. Uname -S and the new name changes the name but even when I use netcfg, I can not change the domain and IP. It is like it still thinks it is the old machine. I can not ping the new name or IP but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
3 Replies
Net::DNS::Domain(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::Domain(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Domain - Domain Name System domains SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Domain; $domain = new Net::DNS::Domain('example.com'); $name = $domain->name; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Domain module implements a class of abstract DNS domain objects with associated class and instance methods. Each domain object instance represents a single DNS domain which has a fixed identity throughout its lifetime. Internally, the primary representation is a (possibly empty) list of ASCII domain name labels, and optional link to an arbitrary origin domain object topologically closer to the DNS root. The presentation form of the domain name is generated on demand and the result cached within the object. METHODS
new $object = new Net::DNS::Domain('example.com'); Creates a domain object which represents the DNS domain specified by the character string argument. The argument consists of a sequence of labels delimited by dots. A character preceded by represents itself, without any special interpretation. Arbitrary 8-bit codes can be represented by followed by exactly three decimal digits. Character code points are ASCII, irrespective of the character coding scheme employed by the underlying platform. Argument string literals should be delimited by single quotes to avoid escape sequences being interpreted as octal character codes by the Perl compiler. The character string presentation format follows the conventions for zone files described in RFC1035. name $name = $domain->name; Returns the domain name as a character string corresponding to the "common interpretation" to which RFC1034, 3.1, paragraph 9 alludes. Character escape sequences are used to represent a dot inside a domain name label and the escape character itself. Domain names containing Unicode characters are supported if the Net::LibIDN module is installed. Any non-printable code point is represented using the appropriate numerical escape sequence. fqdn @fqdn = $domain->fqdn; Returns a character string containing the fully qualified domain name, including the trailing dot. identifier $identifier = $domain->identifier; Identifies the domain by means of its uninterpreted A-label form of domain name. label @label = $domain->label; Identifies the domain by means of a list of domain labels. string $string = $object->string; Returns a character string containing the fully qualified domain name as it appears in a zone file. Characters which are recognised by RFC1035 zone file syntax are represented by the appropriate escape sequence. origin $create = origin Net::DNS::Domain( $ORIGIN ); $result = &$create( sub{ new Net::DNS::RR( 'mx MX 10 a' ); } ); $expect = new Net::DNS::RR( "mx.$ORIGIN. MX 10 a.$ORIGIN." ); Class method which returns a reference to a subroutine wrapper which will execute a given constructor in a context within which $ORIGIN is defined. BUGS
Coding strategy is intended to avoid creating unnecessary argument lists and stack frames. This improves efficiency at the expense of code readability. Platform specific character coding features are conditionally compiled into the code. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::LibIDN, Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC5891, Unicode Technical Report #16 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Domain(3)