Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers All right. ... (no Microsoft bashing, thanks) Post 55569 by gc_wyo_dave on Tuesday 14th of September 2004 09:35:06 PM
Old 09-14-2004
All right. Im sick of Mircosoft.

First off, this is as much as I know about Unix: its an operating system. Now, I know it goes a tad deeper than that, so first off, what exactly is Unix? Next, im freakin sick of everything microsoft crashing on me, so Id like to make Unix my OS, but I dont want to lose anything but internet explorer, outlook express, and windows XP. I have a lot of games, even more applications, norton internet security (which i just love), media players, photo viewers, ect. I want all of this to work, i just dont want windows. Is this at all possible?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bashing of Fields then append!

Hi All, I;m a newbie here, Seeking for your assistance regarding on how to bash the 6th and 7th fields of file2 into 2th and 3rd fields of file1 then add fields in the last line of file2 if it's match, if not they will only display the records. Ex. File1 a,1,2,b,c,d,e,USA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikka
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bashing of records in different file

Hi Everyone, Good Day, I'm a newbie on scripting, I would like to seek you for assistance regarding on how to bash the 1st file into 2nd file and output the match record. Sample: File1.csv JuanDelaCrus<tab>USA<tab>CANADA TwoDelaCrus<tab>SG<tab>California File2.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bashing of 2 Files

Hi Everyone, Seeking for your assistance on how to bash the file 1 to file 2 records and output the same records with specific field to display to file3. Example: Imagine we have many Files and records in File 1 and the File2 is only 1 file but many records. File1... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bashing of 2 files

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to bash 2 files and then print if the condition met. Ex. file1.txt: Field1 Field2 Field 3 Field 4 usa <blank> <blank> INDIA file2.txt: Field1 Field2 Field 3 Field 4 canada jap INDIA utah... (7 Replies)
7 Replies
Perl::OSType(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Perl::OSType(3pm)

NAME
Perl::OSType - Map Perl operating system names to generic types VERSION
version 1.003 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::OSType ':all'; $current_type = os_type(); $other_type = os_type('dragonfly'); # gives 'Unix' DESCRIPTION
Modules that provide OS-specific behaviors often need to know if the current operating system matches a more generic type of operating systems. For example, 'linux' is a type of 'Unix' operating system and so is 'freebsd'. This module provides a mapping between an operating system name as given by $^O and a more generic type. The initial version is based on the OS type mappings provided in Module::Build and ExtUtils::CBuilder. (Thus, Microsoft operating systems are given the type 'Windows' rather than 'Win32'.) USAGE
No functions are exported by default. The export tag ":all" will export all functions listed below. os_type() $os_type = os_type(); $os_type = os_type('MSWin32'); Returns a single, generic OS type for a given operating system name. With no arguments, returns the OS type for the current value of $^O. If the operating system is not recognized, the function will return the empty string. is_os_type() $is_windows = is_os_type('Windows'); $is_unix = is_os_type('Unix', 'dragonfly'); Given an OS type and OS name, returns true or false if the OS name is of the given type. As with "os_type", it will use the current operating system as a default if no OS name is provided. SEE ALSO
o Devel::CheckOS SUPPORT
Bugs / Feature Requests Please report any bugs or feature requests through the issue tracker at <https://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype/issues>. You will be notified automatically of any progress on your issue. Source Code This is open source software. The code repository is available for public review and contribution under the terms of the license. <https://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype> git clone git://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype.git AUTHOR
David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> CONTRIBUTORS
o Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn@hoarfrost.local> o Paul Green <Paul.Green@stratus.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by David Golden. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Perl::OSType(3pm)