Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenBSD : mount problem
Operating Systems BSD OpenBSD : mount problem Post 55491 by fnoyan on Monday 13th of September 2004 11:30:33 AM
Old 09-13-2004
OpenBSD : mount problem

hi
I have two hhd's. One is primary disk which holds the OpenBSD system and the other is my download disk (disk2).
I formatted disk2 in "ffs" type. And created a "disklabel", wd1a.
The disklabel program says "No change made", but I can see the changes by "p" command.
I cannot mount my disk2!
# mount -t ffs /dev/wd1a /disk2
# mount -t ffs /dev/wd1c /disk2
did not work!
What can I do?

Thanks....
Fehmi Noyan ISI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

nfs mount problem

I have a NFS share on a Linux server. When I try to mount it on a Solaris 9 server, I get the following message: nfs mount: <nfs-server-name>: : RPC: Program not registered I have a few other Sun boxes and I can mount the share on them without any problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount problem

Hello, I'm trying to create an NFS mount on server1 to server2. From the man pages I think I'm doing it right: mount server2:/dev/vg60/lvol607 /net1 nfs mount: server1:/dev/vg60/lvol607: Permission denied Do I need to provide login credentials to server 2 somehow? What am I missing? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with mount remot..!!

hi all... when I try to mount filesystem on solaris appear me Permission denied this is do it: mount -F nfs <remote file system> <mount point> mount -f nfs remot_server:/share /share when i run this line: nfs mount: server_remoto:/share: Permission denied what i need to do? Regards.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

4. Linux

Mount problem

well i have an NFS server setup on a pc "1st server" running Fedora Core 4 and i need to mount this from a non-root user. But when i try this i get this freaking error "mount: only root can do this". i do have the entry in fstab file and i tried following solution (no one are working) entry in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sydney30
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Openbsd as gateway Problem

Hello all expert network administrator, i truly new to networking. Please help me in this problem. /etc/hostname.rl1(Wired Internal interface) inet 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 none /etc/hostname.ral0 : inet 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0 and others option as well. /etc/dhcpd.conf : share-network local {... (82 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter_APIIT
82 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usb mount problem

Hi friends, when i boot into my linux system, i am not able to use my USB device while it works on window. i know mount command but it seems my USB does not detected and when i insert my USB into USB port .. and run fdisk list command it does not show any additional device . normally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnray31
2 Replies

7. BSD

[OpenBSD] DNS startup problem

I have the DNS files set up on my OpenBSD 4.0 amd64 system however when I run named, I get the following error in my logs: Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: starting BIND 9.3.2-P1 Sep 23 10:43:03 grunty named: /etc/named.conf:25: change directory to '/var/named' failed: file not found Sep 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

8. BSD

Xwindows Problem OPenBSD 4.6

Hi, I have OPENBSD 4.6 installed as a VM in Virtual Box on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine. Problem is that the XWindows will not start when I boot my OPENBSD VM. I am new to OPENBSD. How do I fix this problem? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

mount problem 3u9

every day i must type # mount -a in the workstation to mount the directory from the server . note 1- fstab is very good no problem in it 2- the network in this workstation is stable 3- i check every thing in this workstation but i dont see any problem 4- the O.S RedHat 3u9 every day... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman
3 Replies

10. Linux

problem in mount

every day i must type # mount -a in the workstation to mount the directory from the server . note 1- fstab is very good no problem in it 2- the network in this workstation is stable 3- i check every thing in this workstation but i dont see any problem 4- the O.S RedHat 3u9 every day the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayman
1 Replies
extendfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       extendfs(8)

NAME
extendfs - Extends UFS file systems SYNOPSIS
/sbin/extendfs [- s] [disk_blocks] device_name DESCRIPTION
Use the extendfs command to increase the storage space in a UFS file system. The file system must not be mounted when you perform this operation. To extend a mounted (in use) UFS file system, use the mount command with the -o extend option. The procedure for increasing the storage space of a UFS file system is as follows: Look at the contents the /etc/fstab file to identify the disk partition that maps to the file system. Ensure that there is available storage space on the target disk as follows: If LSM is in use on your system, use LSM commands to increase the size of the LSM volume as described in the Logical Storage Manager guide. If LSM is not in use on your system, use the disklabel command or the diskconfig graphical user interface to check the current size and use of partitions on the disk. If there is adequate space on an adjacent partition, use the disklabel command to write the current label to a file as fol- lows: # disklabel -r dsk4 > d4label Edit the disklabel file to change the size of the partition on which your UFS file system resides. Increase the number of disk blocks on the partition and decrease the disk block size of the adjacent partition by an equivalent number. Use the disklabel command with the -R option to write the revised label to the raw disk as follows: # disklabel -R /dev/rdisk/dsk4 d4label When the disk label is revised, extend the file system using the extendfs command. You can either use the full extent of the newly sized partition or extend the file system in stages. The following example commands show both methods. To extend the file system to use all the available space, you specify the disk partition on which the file system resides, as follows: # extendfs /dev/disk/dsk4g To extend the file system to use only part of the available space, you specify a number of disk blocks, as follows: # extendfs -s 300000 /dev/disk/dsk4g The remainder of the extended partion is reserved for future use. You can extend a file system as many times as necessary, up to the physical limit of the storage device. When no more space is available on the storage device, you must back up the file system using the dump command and restore the file system to a storage device that has more available space. Once you have extended a file system, the operation cannot be reversed except by a back up and restore operation. Use the dump command to back up the file system. You can then reset the partition sizes manually and restore the file system to the storage device. ERRORS
The disklabel command produces output similar to that of the newfs command. If a list of disk blocks is not displayed on the terminal, the command has failed. Verify the partition settings and the mount status of the target file system. The disklabel command does not permit you to overwrite a partition if it is in use. Refer to the disklabel(8) reference page for more information on label errors. FILES
Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
diskconfig(8), disklabel(8), mount(8), and fstab(4). extendfs(8)