Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Home Network Storage Solution. Post 55429 by moxxx68 on Sunday 12th of September 2004 04:02:41 AM
Old 09-12-2004
MySQL will try to answer your questions !

Smilie i am a newbie at unix\/linux myself but my brothers are both experts although they don't tell me much.. so I think I can answer your questions to the best abilities that I can...!
1)2)&3) try http://fedora.redhat.com
i have found this software quite impressive and easy to work with and also very up to date.. the software itself is fedore core 2 vs. 2.6.8-1.521 ibelieve it is GNU...linux..
this site has all the information you need to read up on the software, along with the download section amongst other options.. check it out!! pretty neat site.. !
4) i found that by using a desktop as a storage for my database using windows along with it can really enhance the use of the actual device files and storage configuration.. such as using windows to back up certain datafiles.. then when you need them to FTP for instance you mount them onto your linux hardrive do the initial processing and FTP the file to another server or computer .. ( from my personal point of view only!! i have done the same thing as you pretty much and have found linux\/unix much more diverse at maintaining these processes.. infact the only reason I use windows is compatibility with other machines or software where I may have difficulty applying the transition straight to linux.. like palm devices and storing information in a database.. mount the palm device on windows, transition to linux and you have virtual mode storage format..) but that is only my opinion I hope it helps..
5) as for snap I myself am not sure what snap is and would like to see someone answer that question for you, so that I too can get in on the secret..

yours truely moxxx68Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Seeking suggestion of small storage solution

Hi, We have 4 T5220 servers, which are currently connected to Hitachi SAN storage solution. This is old SAN, so we are going to decommission it. At this location, there is no other SAN and no other servers, which requires SAN solution. So we are thinking of a small and cheap storage solution,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast - Storage component for RDBMS requiring explicit placeholder typing SYNOPSIS
$schema->storage->auto_cast(1); DESCRIPTION
In some combinations of RDBMS and DBD drivers (e.g. FreeTDS and Sybase) statements with values bound to columns or conditions that are not strings will throw implicit type conversion errors. As long as a column data_type is defined and resolves to a base RDBMS native type via "_native_data_type" as defined in your Storage driver, the placeholder for this column will be converted to: CAST(? as $mapped_type) This option can also be enabled in connect_info as: on_connect_call => ['set_auto_cast'] connect_call_set_auto_cast Executes: $schema->storage->auto_cast(1); on connection. Used as: on_connect_call => ['set_auto_cast'] in connect_info. AUTHOR
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-05 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)