Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Home Network Storage Solution. Post 55428 by Merlyn on Sunday 12th of September 2004 03:29:05 AM
Old 09-12-2004
MySQL

Thanks Mox!

Now just a couple more newbie questions! (I really am very new to this UNIX thing!)

1. What 'version' or 'form' of LINUX/UNIX should I use (again I apologise for these question which, once I understand all of this, will, I am sure, seem rather stupid at the end of the day!)?

2. Where, on the web, would I find the best place to download this version of UNIX/LINUX as well as instruction/documentation on installing it?

3. Do you know of any other any good LINUX resource sites that may help me as well?

4. Would I just use MS WindowsXP to share the drives using the standard "peer to peer" Windows network sharing method?

5. If I was not to use Windows is there another application I could install into LINUX/UNIX that would set it up like a "SNAP Server" - for example?

Thanks again Mox!

Merlyn
Smilie

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Solaris

Seeking suggestion of small storage solution

Hi, We have 4 T5220 servers, which are currently connected to Hitachi SAN storage solution. This is old SAN, so we are going to decommission it. At this location, there is no other SAN and no other servers, which requires SAN solution. So we are thinking of a small and cheap storage solution,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast - Storage component for RDBMS requiring explicit placeholder typing SYNOPSIS
$schema->storage->auto_cast(1); DESCRIPTION
In some combinations of RDBMS and DBD drivers (e.g. FreeTDS and Sybase) statements with values bound to columns or conditions that are not strings will throw implicit type conversion errors. As long as a column data_type is defined and resolves to a base RDBMS native type via "_native_data_type" as defined in your Storage driver, the placeholder for this column will be converted to: CAST(? as $mapped_type) This option can also be enabled in connect_info as: on_connect_call => ['set_auto_cast'] connect_call_set_auto_cast Executes: $schema->storage->auto_cast(1); on connection. Used as: on_connect_call => ['set_auto_cast'] in connect_info. AUTHOR
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-05 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::AutoCast(3)