Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crond
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crond Post 55356 by dkbainbridge on Thursday 9th of September 2004 05:32:03 PM
Old 09-09-2004
Question crond

I noticed that I do not have the crond daemon in my AIX box. I need to create a backup script to run nightly. Where do I find this daemon?

Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

redhat 5.2 tikanga crond running but not reading crontab file

Issue:crond is running, can even restart it and /var/log/cron shows it starting. The /etc/crontab file is correct as compared to another machine. I set the crontab file to enter a datestamp into a file under /tmp every minute. Thing is, the crontab file is not being read or cron is not working... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robjmarquez
12 Replies

2. Red Hat

/usr/sbin/crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,

please tell pre-requisite steps to activate cron. i activated the cron but it not executing the script which i set in crontab entry.through root user i passed the service crond start it get start.but when i go to etc/init.d and passed crond stop command.it gets crond: can't lock /var/run/crond.pid,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umair
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crond not work after writing to cron log?

Yesterday I was testing out some cron commands and when i was check the /var/log/cron with vi editor I accidentally did :wq instead. Since then the log has not updated and I'm assuming no cronjob is running because looking at the log there's activities everyday there's some default stuff that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionoreo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crond: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.

Hi can any one please help me with this there are some cron jobs running on one of production servers i noticed the jobs are not running for long time, when i checked the logs i founf this message, information form the server # chage -l root Minimum: 0 Maximum: 99999... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies
sc_zonesd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     sc_zonesd(1M)

NAME
sc_zonesd - Sun Cluster zone administration daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/lib/sc/sc_zonesd DESCRIPTION
The sc_zonesd daemon is a system daemon that is used by Sun Cluster software to track and manage non-global zones. This daemon initially starts when the system comes up. The daemon runs in the global zone only. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are logged through the syslog function. NOTES
The sc_zonesd daemon must be started in superuser mode. The sc_zonesd daemon is controlled by the SMF service sc_zones. The cluster software requires this daemon to run for non-global zone sup- port. If the daemon is killed or if the SMF service is disabled, the cluster node will panic. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
syslog(3C), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 19 May 2006 sc_zonesd(1M)