Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions RTF files can they be converted once they are on linux system Post 55265 by dangral on Tuesday 7th of September 2004 03:21:30 PM
Old 09-07-2004
Why don't you convert the files to text before sending them to you Unix machine?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem to send rtf inline body

how send an rtf file as inline body of email (not as an attachment) sendmail/mailx < test.rtf is not working (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srik_ux
7 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

looking for convert rtf to pdf utility

Hello all i have server that needs to add the ability to convert rtf files to pdf what you recommend me to use ( not open office please ) its spouse to process lots of files . something i can wrap in code and use (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Gentoo

how to edit linux system files?

i had heard that linux is open source.....which meant that i could edit it. so how do i start out? i've already downloaded it. the name's "puppy linux".....someone please reply quick!!! and by the way, may i know what shell scripting is? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dragster93
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How files can be transferred from one system to another securely using Linux?

i need to know how files can be transfered from one system to another securely in linux. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibing
9 Replies

6. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Directories converted into files with the same size

Hi Gurus, I know this sounds weird, We have encountered many incidents where some directories on several Solaris 10 boxes, will be converted to files with the same size. for example the file below : -rw-r--r-- 1 rkadm redknee 5027399 Apr 15 00:02 dump This was a directory created... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing duplicated extensions, like .rtf.rtf

Hi and good day, In Terminal I tried mv *.rtf.rtf *.rtf to get rid of double rtf extensions ( which came about from some other process), but this doesn't work. I don't know why. Also it should be for the main and for subfolders. with -R? Anyway, any assistance would be greatly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
6 Replies

9. Programming

RTFEditorKit - Write to RTF File

Hi, I am looking at writing the BLOB from database which is an rtf data to write to RTF file. I am trying to use the RTFEditorKit for the same and was struck with the write API it provides. write API takes the outstream and Document, all I have is Inputstream or bytestream from database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
5 Replies
tofrodos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tofrodos(1)

NAME
tofrodos - Converts text files between DOS and Unix formats. SYNOPSIS
fromdos [ options ] [file...] todos [ options ] [file...] DESCRIPTION
DOS text files traditionally have carriage return and line feed pairs as their newline characters while Unix text files have the line feed as their newline character. fromdos converts text files from the DOS format to the Unix format, while todos converts text files from the Unix format to the DOS format. The programs accept multiple filenames and wildcards as their arguments. You may also use them in a pipe. If either program finds its input redirected, it will process stdin and place the output on stdout. OPTIONS
-a Always convert. If converting from DOS to Unix, this option will cause the program to remove ALL carriage returns. The default is to remove carriage returns only if they are followed by line feeds. If converting from Unix to DOS, this option will cause the program to convert ALL linefeeds to carriage return pairs. The default is to convert linefeeds only if they are not already preceded by a carriage return. -b Make a backup of original file. The original file is renamed with the original filename and a .bak extension. For example, a file called "filename.ext" becomes "filename.ext.bak". Important: the program behaves differently if it is compiled for DOS (as compared to being compiled for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X or other systems). In view of the filename restrictions present on DOS, the DOS exe- cutable will strip the original file extension, if any, from the file before appending the .bak extension. For example, "file- name.ext" becomes "filename.bak". -d Convert from DOS to Unix. This forces the program to convert the file in a particular direction. By default, if the program is named fromdos or dos2unix, it will assume that the input file is in a DOS format and convert it to a Unix format. If the program is named todos or unix2dos, it will assume that the input file is in a Unix format and convert it to a DOS format. Using the -d option forces the program to convert from a DOS format to a Unix format regardless of how the program is named. Likewise, using the -u option forces the program to convert from a Unix format to a DOS format regardless of the name of the program. -e Abort processing on any error in any file. Normally, the program will simply skip to process the next file on the command line when it encounters any errors. This option causes it to abort on errors. -f Force: convert even if the file is not writeable (read-only). By default, if fromdos or todos finds that the file does not have write permission, it will not process that file. This option forces the conversion even if the file is read-only. -h Display a short help screen on the program usage and quit. -l<logfile> Log error messages to <logfile>. Note that if your command line has an error, such as when you specify an unknown option, the error message for the command line option error will be issued to stderr instead and not logged. -o Overwrite the original file (no backup). This is the default. -p Preserve file ownership and time. On systems like Linux, the file ownership will only be preserved if the user is root, otherwise it will just set the file time and silently fail the change of file ownership. If you want a warning message when the file ownership cannot be changed, use -v. -u Convert from Unix to DOS. See the -d option above for more information. -v Verbose. -V Show version message and quit. AUTHOR
The program and its documentation are copyrighted (c) 1996-2008 by Christopher Heng. All rights reserved. They are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 2. The latest version of tofrodos can be obtained from http://www.thefreecountry.com/tofrodos/index.shtml 2011 Version 1.7.9 tofrodos(1)