Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux would like to hook up linux system to another computer! Post 55182 by computek on Sunday 5th of September 2004 04:04:18 PM
Old 09-05-2004
Issue

You could also get a Cable Like ZB said, but this will solve most of the prob!!!Smilie
computek

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File System Hook

Background: DEDS is used to exchange files between Our Client and outside world. It is running on Sun v480 server OS 5.8. The files can come into or go out from various directories configured for various interfaces and come from both Our Client side as well as outside world. Requirement: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdhana
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Linux to get for home computer?

the most popular ones on distrowatch seems to be PCLinuxOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora. any tips, suggestions you can give this super newb about choosing something? i'd like to do a dual boot. Unfortuately my laptop's only got a single hard drive and it's only got half a gig of ram. Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
6 Replies

3. Linux

i want to install linux on my computer, but worried about viruses

hi guys, I am new to linux. I want to install it on my home computer. I have a few questions. 1) if an exploit is found on linux, how long is it before it gets patched up? My worry is that because there are not many linux users, if a big is found, then it will be a long time before others... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

4. Fedora

On Installing Multiple Linux Distros on a Computer

Guys, I was planning to install Ubuntu, Fedora and Backtrack on the same computer (along with Windows 7). My Specifications are: 2.67 Core i5 4GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HDD I have a system running Windows 7 with 3 partitions (240, 130, 130) GBs. And I was planning on freeing out 30GB of space and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hMeU
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Remote access computer system as a whole not just desktop with GUI

Hi All, I've been looking at various options at administering several servers remotely like: - VNC (don't like the lax security of 8 characters max for a password) and - NX (awesome piece of kit but still limited to a per desktop viewer)... What I'm looking for is a GUI that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
7 Replies
UPLCOM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD