Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux would like to hook up linux system to another computer! Post 55181 by computek on Sunday 5th of September 2004 04:02:57 PM
Old 09-05-2004
Issue

You could always buy a SNL(Server Network Link) like D-Link or linksys sells, and if you are using the X-windows interface then you can always use the COOL!REMOTE CONTROL FILE. This will work on linux. You can download it at http://www.drn.digitalriver.com and that will work. you will have to search for it. From there when this is installed you will need to run it and fix the settings on the other computer.

Cheers,
Computek
computek

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File System Hook

Background: DEDS is used to exchange files between Our Client and outside world. It is running on Sun v480 server OS 5.8. The files can come into or go out from various directories configured for various interfaces and come from both Our Client side as well as outside world. Requirement: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdhana
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Linux to get for home computer?

the most popular ones on distrowatch seems to be PCLinuxOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora. any tips, suggestions you can give this super newb about choosing something? i'd like to do a dual boot. Unfortuately my laptop's only got a single hard drive and it's only got half a gig of ram. Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
6 Replies

3. Linux

i want to install linux on my computer, but worried about viruses

hi guys, I am new to linux. I want to install it on my home computer. I have a few questions. 1) if an exploit is found on linux, how long is it before it gets patched up? My worry is that because there are not many linux users, if a big is found, then it will be a long time before others... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

4. Fedora

On Installing Multiple Linux Distros on a Computer

Guys, I was planning to install Ubuntu, Fedora and Backtrack on the same computer (along with Windows 7). My Specifications are: 2.67 Core i5 4GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HDD I have a system running Windows 7 with 3 partitions (240, 130, 130) GBs. And I was planning on freeing out 30GB of space and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hMeU
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Remote access computer system as a whole not just desktop with GUI

Hi All, I've been looking at various options at administering several servers remotely like: - VNC (don't like the lax security of 8 characters max for a password) and - NX (awesome piece of kit but still limited to a per desktop viewer)... What I'm looking for is a GUI that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
7 Replies
SVNPATH(1)                                                                                                                              SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)