Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux the most "GUI" - pls. help Post 55141 by radith on Friday 3rd of September 2004 06:01:24 AM
Old 09-03-2004
Question Linux the most "GUI" - pls. help

Hi All;

Well here's another stupid question. But i tired to make it relevant.
I'm looking to install a flavour of UNIX.

I think Linux is the most "GUI" of all the flavours. Please verify me if I am correct/incorrect and if so, please state the "most GUI" flavour of UNIX.

Cheers.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to control remotely "full" Linux router in GUI ?

Hi, I mean Unix Linux general solution, so please don't move my question, as it's Unix specific. I would like to remotely control my "full" Linux router. Already succeeded to compile Linux Unix dialog, running some tests. The issue is dialog comes with a limited number of widget boxes for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
4 Replies
CDEBOOTSTRAP(1) 						   User Commands						   CDEBOOTSTRAP(1)

NAME
cdebootstrap - Bootstrap a Debian system SYNOPSIS
cdebootstrap [OPTION]... SUITE TARGET [MIRROR] DESCRIPTION
cdebootstrap builds a basic Debian system of SUITE (e.g. etch, lenny, sid) into TARGET using the source specified in MIRROR. It supports http://, ftp://, file:// and ssh:// URL and defaults to http://ftp.debian.org/debian. The ssh:// scheme uses cat on the remote host to access the files. You have to setup a master connection and configure ssh to use it or use a key for authentication. No user interaction is possible. The complete log is saved as /var/log/bootstrap.log in the new system. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. --allow-unauthenticated Ignore if packages can't be authenticated. This ignores the unavailability of Release.gpg, missing keyrings, broken signatures and missing gpgv executable. -a, --arch=ARCH Set the target architecture. -c, --configdir=DIR Set the config directory. --debug Enable debug output. -d, --download-only Download packages, but don't perform installation. --exclude=A,B,C Drop packages from the installation list. This only works if the package is pulled in explicitely, either via priority or explicit definition in the config. It won't exclude packages which are pulled in via dependencies. --foreign Use second stage installer. This does the unpack phase of the bootstraping only. The second stage installer will be available as /sbin/cdebootstrap-foreign and /sbin/init. -f, --flavour=FLAVOUR Select the flavour to use (see FLAVOURS below). -k, --keyring=KEYRING Use given keyring. -H, --helperdir=DIR Set the helper directory. --include=A,B,C Install extra packages. -q, --quiet Be quiet. Only warnings and errors are shown. --suite-config -v, --verbose Be verbose. All command output is shown. -h, --help Display this help and exit. --version Output version information and exit. FLAVOURS
Flavours available with default configuration: build Installs essential, apt and build-essential. Suitable for sbuild and pbuilder usage. All rc.d operations are disabled by a policy- rc.d script (cdebootstrap-helper-rc.d package). minimal Installs essential and apt. All rc.d operations are disabled by a policy-rc.d script (cdebootstrap-helper-rc.d package). standard Installs required and important priority packages. This is the default flavour. cdebootstrap CDEBOOTSTRAP(1)