Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CISCO syslogging in linux
Operating Systems Linux CISCO syslogging in linux Post 55137 by RajaRC on Friday 3rd of September 2004 01:28:45 AM
Old 09-03-2004
CISCO syslogging in linux

Hi,

I have a cisco router router and a linux box. I would like to know how to configure both the device so that everything that passes through my router gets logged in the linux box.

Also I am very much new in cisco router. Is it ok to post such question in this forum, or i need to post it somewhere else.

Regards,

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

syslogging issues

i'm having some problems with syslogging. i figured out how to allow logging from a specific host (my webramp). syslogd -a ipaddress subnetmask first, what file do the logs go to? second, is there anyway i can save the webramp logs into another file? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Server Performance and Cisco Equipment

Hi, I have different Linux server which connected via LAN ( Cisco switch and fire wall ). Which is the best way to check the performance of LAN ? e.g. permanent traces on Cisco switch or firewall or sar check and compare the parameters like CPU load, I/O performance and so on Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhacodactylus
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Linux behind a cisco router

Dear All, I have worked with xDSL routers working in bridged mode, and linux behind them working as a Firewall utilizing IPTABLES. My question is, how this will change if the xDSL router is replaced with a Cisco Router? I mean to ask that, can I assign a public ip on the linux machine, which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues in setting up remote syslogging

Hello, I am using Ubuntu Linux and having problems in setting up remote syslogging. Appreciate your help on this. On the server unix host, I have made following changes. uncommented following lines in /etc/rsyslog.conf $ModLoad imudp $UDPServerRun 514 Now i am trying to run rsyslog in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
NOS-TUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NOS-TUN(8)

NAME
nos-tun -- implement ``nos'' or ``ka9q'' style IP over IP tunnel SYNOPSIS
nos-tun -t tunnel -s source -d destination -p protocol_number [source] target DESCRIPTION
The nos-tun utility is used to establish an nos style tunnel, (also known as ka9q or IP-IP tunnel) using a tun(4) kernel interface. Tunnel is the name of the tunnel device /dev/tun0 for example. Source and destination are the addresses used on the tunnel device. If you configure the tunnel against a cisco router, use a netmask of ``255.255.255.252'' on the cisco. This is because the tunnel is a point-to-point interface in the FreeBSD end, a concept cisco does not really implement. Protocol number sets tunnel mode. Original KA9Q NOS uses 94 but many people use 4 on the worldwide backbone of ampr.org. Target is the address of the remote tunnel device, this must match the source address set on the remote end. EXAMPLES
This end, a FreeBSD box on address 192.168.59.34: nos-tun -t /dev/tun0 -s 192.168.61.1 -d 192.168.61.2 192.168.56.45 Remote cisco on address 192.168.56.45: interface tunnel 0 ip address 192.168.61.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel mode nos tunnel destination 192.168.59.34 tunnel source 192.168.56.45 AUTHORS
Nickolay N. Dudorov <nnd@itfs.nsk.su> wrote the program, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> wrote the man-page. Isao SEKI <iseki@gongon.com> added a new flag, IP protocol number. BUGS
We do not allow for setting our source address for multihomed machines. BSD
April 11, 1998 BSD