Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Internet connectivity via Win-ICS Post 55116 by dangral on Thursday 2nd of September 2004 12:11:26 PM
Old 09-02-2004
If you want a free X program that runs on windows, look into Cygwin X, which you can get through Cygwin's setup.exe.

I use it to get an X display from a Fedora Core 2 server on my WinXP machine.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat Internet Connectivity

I recently installed RedHat9 on my laptop as a guest OS. My host OS is Windows2000 and I am using VMWare to toggle between two OSs. Any time I try to connect to internet from RedHat environment using Mozilla, internet acces does not work. At the office, after connecting my laptop to our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
7 Replies

2. IP Networking

Lost Connectivity to the Internet

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and suddenly lost connectivity to the net. After unplugging the router and checking all the connections I could find nothing wrong. All the driver software seems to be intact. I thought I would remove the driver software and restore it. However, when I go to root and type ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

problems with internet connectivity

I had a strange problem.Recently, I virtualized my RHEL 5 system by installing Fedora 8 as guest operating system. The installation went fine. But, after installation my internet connection stopped working. Any suggestions?. I was on TataIndicom wireless USB modem. I haven't had any problems with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaghelp323
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Intermittent internet connectivity

Hello, I am a relative UNIX newbie and we are unable to get out to the internet past the router. I can ping everything within the network but can't get out on a consistent basis. The UNIX DBA was let go recently and I have had to step in and assume his duties. Unfortunately, I am not quite... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: judo42
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing of ICS file

Hi, I am searching for a fast awk hack to eliminate from an ICS file events which have been modified at a certain time. The structure for parsing is the following: BEGIN:VEVENT .... LAST-MODIFIED:...some date... ... END:VEVENT If the date matches for example LAST-MODIFIED:20110823 the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmtung
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQUID proxy : How do I limit internet connectivity to X hrs/day

Hi Everyone! A friend of mine is looking for a way to limit time his kids spent on the internet. I told him he should try out Squid proxy server. He now tries to find a way to limit total time spend on the internet to "X" hours a day, at any time during the day. I remember there are built-in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: togr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet connectivity problem

Hello fellow users and enthusists. I am in need of assistance. I have installed Solaris 10 on a Gateway AMD Athlon 64 system. It is set up to dual boot with Windows 7. I am attempting to get internet access through another Windows 7 box, which is sharing its wireless internet connection with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl2215
0 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     File::Spec::Cygwin(3)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-01-16 File::Spec::Cygwin(3)