Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: resolutions in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers resolutions in Solaris Post 5511 by sssow on Wednesday 15th of August 2001 07:18:25 PM
Old 08-15-2001
You can use font style manager to change CDE font setting on solaris console. There is a command line utility also to change the settings...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Display resolutions

Hi, I have recently install SUSE 9.1 on my laptop The resolution only comes up in 800x600 i dont get any other options but also is shown as a small box rather than the whole screen. In windows it is fine and covers the full display. I tried to set the dismensions but this doesn't work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billett05
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Fixed width file issue and resolutions

I have a fixed width file with no separators , but the file has JUNK characters in it and i know how to remove it. but in few cases these junk characters having created a mess by splitting single row into 2 or 3 rows. I need to put them back to a single line like rest of the rows. This fixed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkm
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-VCONSOLE-SETUP.SERVICE(8)			  systemd-vconsole-setup.service			 SYSTEMD-VCONSOLE-SETUP.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-vconsole-setup.service, systemd-vconsole-setup - Configure the virtual console at boot SYNOPSIS
systemd-vconsole-setup.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-vconsole-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-vconsole-setup.service is an early-boot service that configures the virtual console font and console keymap. Internally it calls loadkeys(1) and setfont(8). See vconsole.conf(5) for information about the configuration files understood by this service. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
A few configuration parameters from vconsole.conf may be overridden on the kernel command line: vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle= Overrides the key mapping table for the keyboard and the second toggle keymap. vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= Configures the console font, the console map, and the unicode font map. See vconsole.conf(5) for information about these settings. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), vconsole.conf(5), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), systemd-localed.service(8) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-VCONSOLE-SETUP.SERVICE(8)