Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting inserting characters before each line... Post 55067 by zazzybob on Wednesday 1st of September 2004 12:13:59 PM
Old 09-01-2004
You can assign the variable when you invoke awk, e.g.

Code:
REP=foo
awk -v rep=$REP '{ print "/dir1/dir2/"rep"/"$0 }' file > newfile

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi : inserting non-printing characters

I am trying to edit a syslinux msg file. I want to precede color codes with control characters. I have tried insert mode, then control v followed by the color code; however, I continue to get " [O " if I type the color code or enter ESC mode. How can I just insert say " ^L " ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting line??

guys can anyone tel me how to insert a line in a file(bash) using line number i wanna insert the line using LINE NUMBER...i know for inserting above or below a perticular line we can use sed a\ or i\.... thanks in advance.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anj
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a new line

I have a file where each line starts with a "update" statement. I want to insert a new line, after each line, with the words "go" in the new line. Can someone help me out with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inserting a line before the line which matches the patter

Hi Is there any command where we can insert a line "2|||" before every line starting with "3|" my input is as follows 1|ETG|12345 3|79.58|||GBP|| 1|ETG|12345 3|79.58|||GBP|| 1|ETG|12345 2|EN_GB||Electrogalvanize 0.5 m2 ( Renault ) 1|ETG|12345 3|88.51|||GBP|| desired output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting control characters at the end of each line

How to add control characters at the end of each line in a file? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Shobana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobana_s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a line in a file after every alternate line

Friends , I have a large file and i need to insert a line after every line.I am actually unaware how to do it.Any help appreciated. My File control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI01 interval 1 intcount 1 control station *ATM* , qread $OSS.Jul13A.FI02 interval 1 intcount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting characters based on condition

hi i have a file that contains the data like this 12345 12453 8990998987 0989876656 12345678 12344 133678999 12345677 i should insert "+" and "-" signs for each line i,e., + 12345 - 12453 + 8990998987 - 0989876656 + 12345678 - 12344 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting a specific line and inserting a new line after commented line.

Hello All, I have following file contents cat file #line=aaaaaa #line=bbbbbb #line=cccccc #line=dddddd line=eeeeee #comment=11111 #comment=22222 #comment=33333 #comment=44444 comment=55555 Testing script Good Luck! I would like to comment line line=eeeeee and insert a new line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting new line

Hi all, I want ot print a header with new line in the end. I am using echo like echo "this is header" I want output like This is header $ I tried -e also but it's not working. echo - e Can anyone help please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsa
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inserting n characters to beginning of line if match

I would like to insert n number of characters at the beginning of each line that starts with a given character. If possible, I would be most appreciative for a sed or awk solution. Given the data below, I would like to be able to insert either 125 spaces or 125 "-" at the beginning of every line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
6 Replies
shishi_kdcrep_to_file(3)					      shishi						  shishi_kdcrep_to_file(3)

NAME
shishi_kdcrep_to_file - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_kdcrep_to_file(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 kdcrep, int filetype, const char * filename); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 kdcrep KDC-REP to save. int filetype input variable specifying type of file to be written, see Shishi_filetype. const char * filename input variable with filename to write to. DESCRIPTION
Write KDC-REP to file in specified TYPE. The file will be truncated if it exists. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_kdcrep_to_file(3)