Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple operation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple operation Post 55042 by Ygor on Wednesday 1st of September 2004 04:56:31 AM
Old 09-01-2004
The reason why you get "line too long" is because when you unset the record separator like this: RS="" then you have told awk to separate records with blank lines. If there are no blank lines then the whole file is treated as a single record.

Try...
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  FS="=";
}
$1 != prev
{prev = $1}' filename | paste -d ' ' - -

Tested on the sample data...

OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split operation

Hello, How to undo split operation ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Modems still in operation?

Does anyone still use modems for anything? Every now and then I see a web site that offers low res video for dial-up users. I wonder if any dial-up users still exist. But even if you have a wide band Internet connection,you might still use a modem for something else. For the purposes of this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Mathematical operation in multiple files

Hi experts, I need to do a mathematical calculation between each data in 3 different files. Output is using formula (A11+B11)/(1+C11). INPUT : File A.txt A11 A12 A21 A22 File B.txt B11 B12 B21 B22 File C.txt C11 C12 C21 C22 OUTPUT: (A11+B11)/(1+C11) (A12+B12)/(1+C12)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operation on multiple files

I have four files that look like this: file_1: a b c d e f file_2: g h i j k l file_3: m n o p q r (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies
synce-partnership(1)					   http://synce.sourceforge.net/				      synce-partnership(1)

NAME
rra-appointment-from-vevent, rra-appointment-to-vevent, rra-contact-from-vcard, rra-contact-to-vcard, rra-decode, rra-delete, rra-get-data, rra-get-ids, rra-get-recurring-appointments, rra-get-types, rra-put-data, rra-subscribe, rra-task-from-vtodo, rra-task-to-vtodo, rra-time- zone - Tools for manipulating the WinCE Database SYNOPSIS
rra-appointment-from-vevent [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] VEVENT_FILE APPOINTMENT_FILE rra-appointment-to-vevent [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] APPOINTMENT_FILE [VEVENT_FILE] rra-contact-from-vcard [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] VCARD_FILE CONTACT_FILE rra-contact-to-vcard [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] CONTACT_FILE [VCARD_FILE] rra-decode FILE rra-delete [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID ... rra-get-data [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID FILENAME rra-get-ids [-d LEVEL] TYPE-ID ... rra-get-recurring-appointments rra-get-types [-d LEVEL] rra-put-data TYPE-ID OBJECT-ID FLAGS FILENAME rra-subscribe [-d LEVEL] [TYPE-ID] [TYPE-ID] ... rra-task-from-vtodo [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] VTODO_FILE TASK_FILE rra-task-to-vtodo [-d LEVEL] [-c CODEPAGE] [-u] [-t TZFILE] TASK_FILE [VTODO_FILE] rra-timezone [-d LEVEL] [-h] [-i INPUT-FILE] [-o OUTPUT-FILE] [-b] [-r] [-v] DESCRIPTION
This small tools could be used to manipulate the database of a WinCE device. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> SEE ALSO
synce(1) The SynCE project September 2003 synce-partnership(1)