Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple operation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple operation Post 55042 by Ygor on Wednesday 1st of September 2004 04:56:31 AM
Old 09-01-2004
The reason why you get "line too long" is because when you unset the record separator like this: RS="" then you have told awk to separate records with blank lines. If there are no blank lines then the whole file is treated as a single record.

Try...
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {
  FS="=";
}
$1 != prev
{prev = $1}' filename | paste -d ' ' - -

Tested on the sample data...

OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU" DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split operation

Hello, How to undo split operation ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Modems still in operation?

Does anyone still use modems for anything? Every now and then I see a web site that offers low res video for dial-up users. I wonder if any dial-up users still exist. But even if you have a wide band Internet connection,you might still use a modem for something else. For the purposes of this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Mathematical operation in multiple files

Hi experts, I need to do a mathematical calculation between each data in 3 different files. Output is using formula (A11+B11)/(1+C11). INPUT : File A.txt A11 A12 A21 A22 File B.txt B11 B12 B21 B22 File C.txt C11 C12 C21 C22 OUTPUT: (A11+B11)/(1+C11) (A12+B12)/(1+C12)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operation on multiple files

I have four files that look like this: file_1: a b c d e f file_2: g h i j k l file_3: m n o p q r (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies
odbcinst(1)						       unixODBC manual pages						       odbcinst(1)

NAME
odbcinst - An unixODBC tool for manipulating configuration files SYNOPSIS
odbcinst ACTION OBJECT OPTIONS DESCRIPTION
odbcinst is a command line tool which has been created for allowing people who are developing the install scripts/RPMs for Drivers to be able to easily create/remove entries in odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. This command line tool is a complement to the shared library of the same name (libodbcinst.so). This tool is a part of the odbcinst component of unixODBC. OPTIONS
ACTIONS -i Install (add section to config file) new OBJECT. -u Uninstall (remove section from config file) existing OBJECT. -q Query the config files and print the options for specified OBJECT. -j Prints current configuration of unixODBC, listing (among others) the paths to the configuration files. -c Calls SQLCreateDataSource -m Calls SQLManageDataSources --version Prints program version and exits. OBJECTS -d The ACTION affect drivers (and thus the odbcinst.ini configuration file). -s The ACTION affect data sources (and thus the user or system odbc.ini configuration file). OPTIONS -f FILE The FILE is template file, describing the configuration of installed OBJECT (only valid for the -i ACTION). -r Same as the -f OPTION, only take the standard input as the template file. -n NAME Specifies the NAME of the OBJECT. -v Turn off verbose mode. This turns off all information, warning and error messages. -l The specified data source is system-wide. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. -h The specified data source is user-specific. Has any effect only with the -s OBJECT. RETURN VALUES
This command returns zero on success and non-zero value on failure. FILES
/etc/odbinst.ini Configuration file containing all the database drivers specifications. See odbcinst.ini(5) for more details. /etc/odbc.ini System-wide data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific data sources specifications. See odbc.ini(5) for more details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst.ini(5), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Wed 26 Jun 2013 odbcinst(1)