Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple operation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple operation Post 55041 by nattynatty on Tuesday 31st of August 2004 11:26:23 PM
Old 09-01-2004
See if this works for you:

$ more dup_test
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
DESCRIPTION="ABC MNCL JHDG "
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
$ sed -e '$!N; /^\(.*\)\n\1$/!P; D' dup_test
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"
OBJECT="ABC" GFT="JHU"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split operation

Hello, How to undo split operation ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with arithmetic operation

I am using egrep to extract numbers from a file and storing them as variables in a script. But I am not able to do any arithmetic operations on the variables using "expr" because it stores them as char and not integers. Here is my code and the error I get. Any help will be appreciated. #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emjayshaikh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string operation

i am new user of unix.i have a question.My script is- export STR_ALFA=`head -2 "${FILE_PATH}"|tail -1|cut -d"," -f1` "${TEST_HOME}"/function/chk_alfa.ksh STR_ALFA now i want to check STR_ALFA: 1)whether is alphabetic 2)whether is numeric 3)whether is alphanumeric... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Modems still in operation?

Does anyone still use modems for anything? Every now and then I see a web site that offers low res video for dial-up users. I wonder if any dial-up users still exist. But even if you have a wide band Internet connection,you might still use a modem for something else. For the purposes of this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Mathematical operation in multiple files

Hi experts, I need to do a mathematical calculation between each data in 3 different files. Output is using formula (A11+B11)/(1+C11). INPUT : File A.txt A11 A12 A21 A22 File B.txt B11 B12 B21 B22 File C.txt C11 C12 C21 C22 OUTPUT: (A11+B11)/(1+C11) (A12+B12)/(1+C12)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operation on multiple files

I have four files that look like this: file_1: a b c d e f file_2: g h i j k l file_3: m n o p q r (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else - Retry operation

I need to read a file line by line, then depending on the contents of each line, type in a code that will get written to an array. The problem I have is when I ask the user to confirm the input code, if it is wrong, how do i Return to ask again? Any thing I try increments the file to the next... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Replacement in a Text File in one operation (sed/awk) ?

Hi all, Saying we have two files: 1. A "Reference File" whose content is "Variable Name": "Variable Value" 2. A "Model File" whose content is a model program in which I want to substitute "VariableName" with their respective value to produce a third file "Program File" which would be a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies
KAS_STRINGTOKEY(8)					       AFS Command Reference						KAS_STRINGTOKEY(8)

NAME
kas_stringtokey - Converts a character string into an octal key SYNOPSIS
kas stringtokey -string <password string> [-cell <cell name>] [-help] kas str -s <password string> [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas stringtokey command converts the character string specified with the -string argument into an octal string suitable for use as an encryption key. The kas command interpreter generates the octal key by using an encryption algorithm on the combination of the specified string and the name of the local cell (as recorded in the local /etc/openafs/ThisCell file). Use the -cell argument to convert a string into a key appropriate for a cell other than the local one. CAUTIONS
This command writes the key to the standard output stream, on which it can possibly be intercepted by third parties. It is not very secure to use the key in an actual Authentication Database entry. OPTIONS
-string <password string> Specifies the character string to convert into an octal key. -cell <cell name> Specifies the complete Internet domain name of the cell to combine with the password string while generating the key. If this argument is omitted, the kas command interpreter determines the name of the local cell by consulting: o First, the value of the environment variable AFSCELL. o Second, the cellname in the /etc/openafs/ThisCell file on the local machine. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output is of the following form: Converting I<password string> in realm 'I<cell_name>' yields key='I<key>'. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the octal key equivalent of the string "new_pswd" in the ABC Corporation cell. % kas stringtokey new_pswd Converting new_pswd in realm 'ABC.COM' yields key='346307364320263233342354'. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None, and no password is required. SEE ALSO
ThisCell(5), kas(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_STRINGTOKEY(8)