Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris spawning new shells using dtterm in Solaris 8 Post 55039 by Rocketman8541 on Tuesday 31st of August 2004 05:52:24 PM
Old 08-31-2004
The manpath advice worked great RTM thanks,

still working on the dtterm -e project, will post updates soon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

activating ./dtterm

Working of a Aix 4.3 (using ksh) Have started dtlogin daemon . < root 26376 1 0 14:07:19 - 0:08 ./dtlogin -daemon > Have set dtconfig -e < The CDE environment is Already set as the default User Interface. > Have executed " export DISPLAY=10.1.187.86:0.0 Once all this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawning new shells from the command line in OpenStep 4.2

Hi all, Im trying to figure out what the command would be to launch terminal windows from the command line in Open Step 4.2 . (looking for something similiar like /usr/bin/xterm or /usr/bin/dtterm etc) echo $TERM = vt100 echo $SHELL = /bin/csh Im combing over alot of OpenStep 4.2 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rocketman8541
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing text color in existing xterm or dtterm

On solaris and irix systems, I'm using csh in an existing xterm or dterm and would like to change the text colors. How do I accomplish this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fjc
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
7 Replies

7. Solaris

launching an automated telnet session using dtterm

Hi , I have to write a shell script which would be invoked from a Java program. The job of this script would be to launch a telnet session i was using dtterm for the same and the expect command to automate that. spawn dtterm -e telnet <server ip address> expect "Username:" send... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_solanki
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lost the $ prompt - am I spawning shells??

When trying to get the correct syntax to cron a script that creates a file with the date stamp as its output, sometimes I get these results: - from the command line, I may encounter an error that leaves me without the usual $ prompt. Am I in a new shell? I try to exit it with 'exit' or :q! and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: landog
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dtterm to list a folder contents in new window

Hi everyone,:cool: thank you in advance for any help on this I have a dtterm command to open a new small terminal window with a contents of log, and it works fine. dtterm -title "my.log" -geometry =40x30+0+550 -fn 6x13 -e tail -n 40 -f /home/logs/user.log & However what I want to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfcents
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies
MANPATH(1)							Manual pager utils							MANPATH(1)

NAME
manpath - determine search path for manual pages SYNOPSIS
manpath [-qgdc?V] [-m system[,...]] [-C file] DESCRIPTION
If $MANPATH is set, manpath will simply display its contents and issue a warning. If not, manpath will determine a suitable manual page hierarchy search path and display the results. The colon-delimited path is determined using information gained from the man-db configuration file - (/etc/manpath.config) and the user's environment. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Do not issue warnings. -d, --debug Print debugging information. -c, --catpath Produce a catpath as opposed to a manpath. Once the manpath is determined, each path element is converted to its relative catpath. -g, --global Produce a manpath consisting of all paths named as `global' within the man-db configuration file. -m system[,...], --systems=system[,...] If this system has access to other operating system's manual hierarchies, this option can be used to include them in the output of manpath. To include NewOS's manual page hierarchies use the option -m NewOS. The system specified can be a combination of comma delimited operating system names. To include the native operating system's man- ual page hierarchies, the system name man must be included in the argument string. This option will override the $SYSTEM environ- ment variable. -C file, --config-file=file Use this user configuration file rather than the default of ~/.manpath. -?, --help Print a help message and exit. --usage Print a short usage message and exit. -V, --version Display version information. ENVIRONMENT
MANPATH If $MANPATH is set, manpath displays its value rather than determining it on the fly. If $MANPATH is prefixed by a colon, then the value of the variable is appended to the list determined from the content of the configuration files. If the colon comes at the end of the value in the variable, then the determined list is appended to the content of the variable. If the value of the variable contains a double colon (::), then the determined list is inserted in the middle of the value, between the two colons. SYSTEM If $SYSTEM is set, it will have the same effect as if it had been specified as the argument to the -m option. FILES
/etc/manpath.config man-db configuration file. SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), whatis(1) AUTHOR
Wilf. (G.Wilford@ee.surrey.ac.uk). Fabrizio Polacco (fpolacco@debian.org). Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org). 2.8.3 2018-04-05 MANPATH(1)