Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with Darwin typeset -i Post 54933 by Loriel on Friday 27th of August 2004 09:29:53 PM
Old 08-27-2004
Thanks, but now I really feel newbie-ish! The only consolation I have is that I just looked up the manpage before I came back here. I didn't figure it out, though, so...thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ADSL with Darwin 1.41

Hey everyone, just to let you all know "I'm an uber n00b" I'm connected to Telstra Bigpond's (Australian ISP) ADSL network, now I;m running Darwin 1.41 on an Apple Macintosh PPC computer. I don't know how to set up ADSL on this system, can someone please guide me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syphor
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

4. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Open Darwin iso problem.

Very new to OD and unix. I need to know how to create a bootable CD from the ISO. thanks :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Front
3 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with curses library on Mac OS 10.2 darwin

Hello, I am trying to write a simple program with functions in the ncurses library, on a Mac running OSX 10.2.8, with the compiler and libraries that were included in the Dec 2002 Developer's tools release (the last one that runs on Jaguar, as far as I know). When I try to compile, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marks
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset conversion problem from ksh to bash

Hi, typeset -l sgf # all lowercase letters typeset -u SGF # all uppercase letters sgf=$1 SGF=$sgf these lines used in my scripts . It ran fine in ksh but when we convert this to bash it erroring out. I like to know what the use of typeset ?? Thanks & Regards kanagaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
3 Replies
GENLIB_DEF_PHSC.3(October 1, 1997)										GENLIB_DEF_PHSC.3(October 1, 1997)

NAME
GENLIB_DEF_PHSC - load a netlist and open a layout model as current figure SYNOPSYS
#include <genlib.h> void GENLIB_DEF_PHSC(cellname) char *cellname; ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr PARAMETERS
cellname Name of the netlist figure to be looked for in memory or on disk, for futher physical placement. DESCRIPTION
DEF_PHSC defines the current working figure by it's name, the cellname argument, for layout and netlist operations. It can be use anywhere in the genlib program, but must appear at least once at the top of it, since it also initalize the user's preferences through environment variables. DEF_PHSC looks for the netlist figure cellname in memory, and if not found, on disk. If it fails, an error occurs and the process termi- nates. The main issue of this function is to allow the netlist and physical descriptions of a circuit in two separate files, for standard cell approach. So there is no need to recreate the netlist view each time the placement changes. If the physical figure called cellname doesn't exists in memory, it is created. If it already exists in memory, it makes it the current working figure. DEF_PHSC doesn't look on disk for the figure cellname, so be careful not to overwrite an existing file while saving later on. EXAMPLE
#include <genlib.h> main() { /* Create a figure to work on */ GENLIB_DEF_PHSC("mycell"); /* Place an instance */ GENLIB_SC_PLACE("instance", NOSYM,0L,0L); /* Save all that on disk */ GENLIB_SAVE_PHSC(); } SEE ALSO
genlib(1), GENLIB_SAVE_PHSC(3), GENLIB_SC_PLACE(3), GENLIB_SC_TOP(3), GENLIB_SC_BOTTOM(3), GENLIB_SC_LEFT(3), GENLIB_SC_RIGHT(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. PROCEDURAL GENERATION LANGUAGE
ASIM/LIP6 GENLIB_DEF_PHSC.3(October 1, 1997)