Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Move command return with exit code of 2 Post 54853 by Ygor on Thursday 26th of August 2004 05:40:23 AM
Old 08-26-2004
The most likely explanation is that you tried to move the file twice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code of a unix command

How to find out whether the command I executed is successful or unsuccessful(at commandlinet) Eg: say i execute the following command at command line rm * How do i find out whether my previous command is a success or failure. Thankyou. Best Regards, Ram. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get exit code in a pipe-lined command?

I have a question about how to get the exit code of the first command when it appears in a pipe-lined command. For example, I have the following script: grep abc dddd | tee -a log if ] then echo "ERROR!" fi In the above script, ] is supposed to test the exit code of "grep abc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Command and exit status problem

Hi All, I am using the following code to move files from one folder to another on the remote server: ssh username@server <<EOF cd source_dir find . -type f -name "*.txt" |xargs -n1000 -i{} mv {} dest_dir if then send mail indicating error otherwise echo "success" fi EOF ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: visingha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move Command and exit status problem

Hi All, I am using the following code to move files from one folder to another on the remote server: ssh username@server <<EOF cd source_dir find . -type f -name "*.txt" |xargs -n1000 -i{} mv {} dest_dir if then send mail indicating error otherwise echo "success" fi EOF ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

command does not return exit status due to tee

Hi, I am using /bin/sh. I want to display the stdout and stderr on the terminal as well as save it in a file, so I'm using this command. gmake all 2>&1 | tee log But even if gmake fails, it's always giving 0 as exit status, i suppose because of tee. # false 2>&1 | tee Log # echo $? 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand_bh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit code of -exec in the find command

Hi I have a little problem with the find command in a script that I'm writing. The script should check if there are some files younger than 100 seconds and then syncronise them with rsync. My find command: find -type f -cmin -100 -exec rsync -a --delete directory1/ directory2/ When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oku
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for file existance and generate exit code amd move to another directory

Hi.. i have a file ABC_*.txt in source directory which will come evry 30 min and same file will be moved to working directory first time ...and will perform some operations then we archive ABC_*.txt ..this will run for 30 min to 45 min from 2nd time onwards requirement is ...i need to check... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit a shell script if a unix command does not return any value for 10 seconds?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to exit a shell script if a unix command inside does not return any value for 10 seconds? The scenarios is like this. I want to login to a application using shell script where the connection string is mentioned.but suppose this connection string is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check output of command before outputing and keep exit code

so i have scripts that are piped and then run through one of the following mechanisms: cat myscript.sh | sh cat myscript.pl | perl what i want to do is, after either of the above commands are run, if the output from the command contains a certain string, i want it to avoid printing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)