Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ispell
Operating Systems Linux SuSE ispell Post 54844 by hassan2 on Wednesday 25th of August 2004 06:40:11 PM
Old 08-25-2004
ispell

I tried to install ispell on my suse linux 8.2 do do spell cheking for my webmail

but I issue rpm -Uvh ispell-3.2.06-266.i586.rpm
i get the following error message

error: failed dependencies:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3) is needed by ispell-3.2.06-266

I also try to install glibc-2.3.3-59.i586.rpm

but get the following error message

error: failed dependencies:
glibc = 2.2.5 is needed by lsb-runtime-1.2-37
glibc = 2.2.5 is needed by glibc-devel-2.2.5-213
glibc = 2.2.5 is needed by glibc-locale-2.2.5-213
libdb.so.2 is needed by db-utils-4.0.14-194
libdb.so.2 is needed by gnome-libs-1.4.1.7-134
libdb.so.2 is needed by gdk-pixbuf-0.18.0-108
libdb.so.2 is needed by xchat-1.8.10-59
libdb.so.2 is needed by eel-1.0.2-509
libdb.so.2 is needed by gnome-print-0.36-210
libdb.so.2 is needed by libglade-0.16-835
libdb.so.2 is needed by medusa-0.5.1-644
libdb.so.2 is needed by rpm-3.0.6-418
libdb.so.2 is needed by bonobo-1.0.20-221
libdb.so.2 is needed by directory_administrator-1.1.9-97
libdb.so.2 is needed by bonobo-conf-0.14-505
libdb.so.2 is needed by susewm-3.6.0-159
libdb.so.2 is needed by kdebase3-SLES-8-73
libdb.so.2 is needed by webalizer-2.01-306
libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by db-utils-4.0.14-194
libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by gnome-libs-1.4.1.7-134
libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by rpm-3.0.6-418
libdb.so.2(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by susewm-3.6.0-159

the current glibc 2.2.5 is needed by the above program

rpm -i -nodeps glibc-2.3.3-59.i586.rpm

still getting the above error message.
What am i doing wrongh? can you help please.
Thanks in advance

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick ispell help

Hi, I am trying to write a script that calls ispell (my linux version doesn't have aspell) on a file and runs from there. Pretty much looks like this at the beginning: #!/bin/bash # script that will spell check a file read -p "Enter a file name: " fileName ispell fileName I just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: negzero7
3 Replies

2. SuSE

automate ispell

Hello!! Is posible to automate ispell?? I have a lot of misspelled text and I want to launch a script that runs ispell choosing for example the first option, all that automatically. Is possible?? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elblo
4 Replies
net-snmp-config(1)						     Net-SNMP							net-snmp-config(1)

NAME
net-snmp-config - returns information about installed net-snmp libraries and binaries SYNOPSIS
net-snmp-config [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The net-snmp-config shell script is designed to retrieve the configuration information about the libraries and binaries dealing with the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), built from the net-snmp source package. The information is particularily useful for applications that need to link against the SNMP libraries and hence must know about any other libraries that must be linked in as well. OPTIONS
--version displays the net-snmp version number --indent-options displays the indent options from the Coding Style --debug-tokens displays a example command line to search to source code for a list of available debug tokens SNMP Setup commands: --create-snmpv3-user [-ro] [-a authpass] [-x privpass] [-X DES|AES] [-A MD5|SHA] [username] These options produce the various compilation flags needed when building external SNMP applications: --base-cflags lists additional compilation flags needed for external applications (excludes -I. and extra developer warning flags, if any) --cflags lists additional compilation flags needed --libs lists libraries needed for building applications --agent-libs lists libraries needed for building subagents --netsnmp-libs lists netsnmp specific libraries --external-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs --netsnmp-agent-libs lists netsnmp specific agent libraries --external-agent-libs lists libraries needed by netsnmp libs Automated subagent building (produces an OUTPUTNAME binary file): [This feature has not been extensively tested, use at your own risk.] --compile-subagent OUTPUTNAME [--norm] [--cflags flags] [--ldflags flags] mibmodule1.c [...]] --norm leave the generated .c file around to read. --cflags flags extra cflags to use (e.g. -I...). --ldflags flags extra ld flags to use (e.g. -L... -l...). Details on how the net-nsmp package was compiled: --configure-options Display original configure arguments --snmpd-module-list Display the modules compiled into the agent --prefix Display the installation prefix V5.6.2.1 16 Nov 2006 net-snmp-config(1)