Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory clean up
Operating Systems AIX Directory clean up Post 54801 by computek on Tuesday 24th of August 2004 09:09:40 PM
Old 08-24-2004
Computek Support

If you are on windows then go to regedit and clear the cache.
computek

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script to clean up a directory

I have to do a directory clean up on several machines. The task is as follows: go to a particular directory (cd /xxx) 1. create a directory ' SCRIPTCLEANUP ' ( i KNOW IT) loop through 2. List the directory 3. if directory and start with 'DQA' leave it, 4. if directory or file move it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean up script

I have a script which would monitor a given directory and delete any files which are older than 10 days. I was going to set the 10 crob jobs to perform this operation for 10 different directories (some are actually sub-directories), but my boss doesn't like that idea, so I need to do that in one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clean /etc/hosts

hi all, i need to write a script. it should be able to clean the /etc/hosts file like this: first field is the ip (what else ;)) second field is the fqdn (full qualified domain name) third field is the hostname the fourth to n'th field is the rest. i hope you understand what is needed?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DukeNuke2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me clean this up

UNIX amature/novice. I've written a script (it works) that needs to be cleaned up. I'm searching for a way to perform a "go to , perform this then return" section of code. The books I have and searches i"ve done so far do not show me how to do this. I've pasted in the current code below. I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scanner248
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to clean PV id?

When I run command: >chdev -l hdisk1 -a pv=clear It shows Method error (/etc/methods/chgdisk): 0514-062 Cannot perform the requested function because the specified device is busy. run: #>fuser -kxuc /dev/raw1 /dev/raw1: How to clean PV id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean this script?

Hello guys, this script partially works but it's still pretty ugly and, moreover, if the month is jan/feb/mar... it doesn't work at all. Could anyone say me how to correct, cut and clean a little bit? #!/usr/bin/ksh egrep -v -e "^\s*#" /file/permission | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean up Scripts

Hi i have a perl script that i use to clean up empty folders on our server. I need to make a amendment to this to exclude certain folders. Folders are invisible to end users but must not be cleaned up by this script. folders i need protecting have unique names .Highres .HighresF .Lowres... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clean up the space

Hi I just want to clean up the space in UNIX. Is there any special command that does this process or do I need to manually type the following rm <filename> Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to clean 3 days before files, from a directory?

I have a Solaris System. I am using bash shell. I want to prepare a script which can do the below. There are few directories i need to clean. In those directories, I need to delete files which are older than 3 days. 3 days before files need to be deleted. The directories are as follows.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
7 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)