Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wallpaper anyone?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wallpaper anyone? Post 5480 by inquirer on Wednesday 15th of August 2001 12:41:59 PM
Old 08-15-2001
thanks for the advise, one of the site i visited instructed me to do the following:

1. Create the backdrop images. They can be bitmap or pixmap files.
2. Place the backdrops in one of the following directories. (You may have to create the directory.)

System-wide backdrops: /etc/dt/backdrops
Personal backdrops: HomeDirectory/.dt/backdrops

3. Choose Restart Workspace Manager from the Workspace menu.

and know what? it didn't work Smilie any good suggestions? i already created backdrops directory as my personal backdrops. i also tried looking for the system-wide backdrops and it does not seem to exist Smilie

help.
inquirer

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

2. Solaris

change wallpaper in CDE

I'm running Solaris 9, using the CDE gui on a SunBlade 100. I want to substitute the generic wallpapers that CDE has, with my own, i.e. my kids, dog, etc. Suggestions? Directions?? Thanks in advance. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wallpaper script

Have trouble picking a wallpaper. Let your computer pick for you. #!/bin/bash # (Change to your path to photos) Pictures='/home/josh/Pictures' ## Pick new image function pick_new_bg () { backgrounds=( $( < ~/.background_temp) ) num_backgrounds=${#backgrounds }... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Xml file wallpaper

Hello, I have a custom background in my Fedora 14 OS. which changes every 10 mins, I was able to edit an Xml file for this purpose. The structure of the Xml file looks as follows : <!-- This animation will start at time shown above. --> <static> <duration>600.0</duration> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies
DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle(API)											       DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle(API)

NAME
DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle -- set workspace title SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle( Widget widget, Atom workspace, char *title); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle() function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and changes a specific workspace's title. Applications can use this function to implement an interface to the workspace manager. If the DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle() function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. The DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle() function requires a widget. A gadget (or unrealized widget) is not acceptable for the widget argument. DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle() sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to set the title. If the workspace name is not valid, no action is taken and the workspace manager reports no error. ARGUMENTS
widget A realized widget on the screen of interest workspace The name of the workspace (in X atom form) where the title should be set title The new title RETURN VALUE
The function returns Success (0) when it succeeds, and non-zero upon failure. Note that these are not the same values that _DtWsmSet- WorkspaceTitle returns. SEE ALSO
DtWsm(5) "Communicating with the Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Guide "Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Overview DtWsmSetWorkspaceTitle(API)