Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wallpaper anyone?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wallpaper anyone? Post 5480 by inquirer on Wednesday 15th of August 2001 12:41:59 PM
Old 08-15-2001
thanks for the advise, one of the site i visited instructed me to do the following:

1. Create the backdrop images. They can be bitmap or pixmap files.
2. Place the backdrops in one of the following directories. (You may have to create the directory.)

System-wide backdrops: /etc/dt/backdrops
Personal backdrops: HomeDirectory/.dt/backdrops

3. Choose Restart Workspace Manager from the Workspace menu.

and know what? it didn't work Smilie any good suggestions? i already created backdrops directory as my personal backdrops. i also tried looking for the system-wide backdrops and it does not seem to exist Smilie

help.
inquirer

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting Wallpaper on the Desktop

How do I put wallpaper from the internet on the Unix desktop? For example, I want to know how to perform the same operation as "right click-> Set as Wallpaper" on a graphics on a web page, in Windows. Thanks! :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pireifej
3 Replies

2. Solaris

change wallpaper in CDE

I'm running Solaris 9, using the CDE gui on a SunBlade 100. I want to substitute the generic wallpapers that CDE has, with my own, i.e. my kids, dog, etc. Suggestions? Directions?? Thanks in advance. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wallpaper script

Have trouble picking a wallpaper. Let your computer pick for you. #!/bin/bash # (Change to your path to photos) Pictures='/home/josh/Pictures' ## Pick new image function pick_new_bg () { backgrounds=( $( < ~/.background_temp) ) num_backgrounds=${#backgrounds }... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Xml file wallpaper

Hello, I have a custom background in my Fedora 14 OS. which changes every 10 mins, I was able to edit an Xml file for this purpose. The structure of the Xml file looks as follows : <!-- This animation will start at time shown above. --> <static> <duration>600.0</duration> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
3 Replies
metacity-message(1)						   User Commands					       metacity-message(1)

NAME
metacity-message - send messages to the desktop window manager SYNOPSIS
metacity-message [disable-keybindings] [enable-keybindings] [reload-theme] [restart] [toggle-verbose] DESCRIPTION
You can use the metacity-message application to communicate with the desktop window manager to perform the following tasks: restart the window manager, reload the current window border theme, enable and disable keybindings, and enable debugging messages. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: disable-keybindiDisable keybindings for the desktop window manger. enable-keybindinEnable keybindings for the desktop window manger. reload-theme Reload the current window border theme. restart Restart the desktop window manager. toggle-verbose Enable debugging messages for the desktop window manager. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Restarting the Window Manager example% metacity-message restart EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/metacity-messagExecutable to communicate with the desktop window manager ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-wm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. metacity(1), metacity-properties(1), metacity-theme-viewer(1), metacity-window-demo(1) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 metacity-message(1)