Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fake System32 Folder
Operating Systems Linux Fake System32 Folder Post 54738 by zazzybob on Monday 23rd of August 2004 05:04:44 AM
Old 08-23-2004
Hmm....

The first time you run wine it will run a configuration program for you to set up wine according to your needs (and version of Windows).

You'll find that normally you'll have a .wine directory under your home directory (i.e. ~/.wine) and then depending on your configuration a fake_windows directory beneath that.

You can, if need be, place native Windows DLLs into one of these locations:

1. The directory the program was started from.

2. The current directory.

3. The Windows system directory.

4. The Windows directory.

5. The PATH variable directories.

They are search in taht order. I'd say ~/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System/ (or however you configure Wine) is the best place.

You'll then need to configure the ~/.wine/config file (man wine-conf) for any DLLs you want to override with ones you've taken from original Windows media.

You can either change the global dll overrides section so that changes affect all Wine apps....

Code:
[DllOverrides]
; some dlls you may want to change
"shell"        = "native, builtin"
"shell32"      = "native, builtin"

or just on an application dependent section....

Code:
;; sample AppDefaults entries
[AppDefaults\\my_app.exe\\DllOverrides]
"commctrl.dll" = "native"
"comctl32.dll" = "native"
"riched32.dll" = "native"
"shell.dll" = "native"
"shell32.dll" = "native"
"comdlg32.dll" = "native"

There is a ton of documentation at http://www.winehq.org and also via our old friend Mr. Google, so you'll need to do some reasearch.

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Uh oh! system32/hal.dll is missing or corrupt.

Hi. I'm trying to load red hat linux 7.2 on my machine so that I can learn how to use it. I'm having a very difficult time. I attempted to install it so that I can dual boot between linux and w2k. But now I can't boot up. I get a message saying that system32/hal.dll is either missing or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
4 Replies

2. Solaris

system Fake IPs

hi all ; I am using solaris 8 over SPARC . i was given the role to administer a webmail server running Iplanet 4.2 i was told also that this server is running a website . this server has 2 fake IPs . My question is how i can know these fake IPs and how they are mapped . cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fake deletion of files

Hi, This is possibly an odd request to do with permissions as I seem to have tied myself up with these! I have the following directory (see below) that contains files that the 'usergrp' user needs to be able to 'delete' files from. drwxr-s--- 2 usergrp usergrp 512 16 Feb 14:37... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peejay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering Fake inputs

Hi My script takes input for a hostname. echo "enter hostname read hostname Now I would like to filter the fake inputs.My hostnames always follow same syntax ( abcd123.efgh.ijk.com). Appreciate everyones suggestions on this..Thanks.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

port mapping with fake ip

Hi there, i have a question to all. The task is: Redirect port from local host to remote (datapipe etc.) with faking my ip. For example, nmap with -S option make fake ip of host it being running. pic: -> 10.1.1.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lecter
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake network address....

Good morning! Why would having a fake network device be useful? Thanks in advance Bigben (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

What is a fake network device?

Thanks in advance! Ben (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fake email sender

Hi, I am using the below command to send the email. mailx -s "test from `hostname`" email@gmail.com < attachment.txt id uid=870(wlsuser) gid=641(wlsgrp) I recieve the email as "From: wlsuser@hostname Can I somehow have any string instead of wlsuser, if that grows too complex to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Fake MicroSoft calls

Dear colleagues, it's that time of the year again: in recent days and weeks I'm receiving annoying numbers of annoying "support" calls from dubious "MicroSoft Centers" telling me that my computer generates errors and / or downloads malicious SW. Although ignoring these pesterers on the phone,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RudiC
8 Replies
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)

NAME
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder - Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder object SYNOPSIS
use Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable; my $document=Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable->new; my $folder=$document->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); DESCRIPTION
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder is a Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Base with a few other methods. USAGE
my $folder=$document->Folder(); #add folder to $document my $subfolder=$folder->Folder(); #add folder to $folder METHODS
initialize We overide the default "initialize" method in order to append the "plugins" method from Module::Pluggable on to the packages list of the Method::Autoload package. The "packages" property is what is needed by Method::Autoload package. The "plugins" method is what is provided by Module::Pluggable. So, the Folder package now has available to it every method in the "Plugins" folder at runtime. Folder Constructs a new Folder object and appends it to the parent folder object. Returns the object reference if you need to make any setting changes after construction. my $folder=$folder->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); $folder->Folder(name=>"My Folder"); NetworkLink Constructs a new NetworkLink object and appends it to the parent folder object. Returns the object reference if you need to make any setting changes after construction. $folder->NetworkLink(name=>"My NetworkLink", url=>"./anotherdoc.kml"); LookAt Constructs a new LookAt object and returns the object reference to assign to other object "lookat" properties. $document->LookAt( latitude => $lat, #decimal degrees longitude => $lon, #decimal degrees range => $range, #meters tilt => $tilt, #decimal degrees from veritical heading => $header, #decimal degrees from North ); type Returns the object type. my $type=$folder->type; node data Pushes arguments onto data array and returns an array or reference that holds folder object content. This is a list of objects that supports a type and structure method. my $data=$folder->data; my @data=$folder->data; $folder->data($placemark); open BUGS
Please log on RT and send to the geo-perl email list. LIMITATIONS
Due to limitations in Perl hashes, it is not possible to specify the order of certain elements and attributes in the XML. TODO
SUPPORT
Try geo-perl email list. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis (mrdvt92) CPAN ID: MRDVT COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable, Module::Pluggable Method::Autoload, XML::LibXML::LazyBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-06-26 Geo::GoogleEarth::Pluggable::Folder(3pm)