Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell script is not executing Post 54635 by Tux on Thursday 19th of August 2004 05:31:48 PM
Old 08-19-2004
$ ./ss1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a Shell Script

I am trying to run a shell script using the ./<ScriptName> command, but the server returns an error bash: ./Script1.sh: Permission denied What variable do I need to set to avoid this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

3. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script files

Whats the difference between executing a file such as test.sh as: ./test.sh as apposed to sh test.sh i've noticed that a simple while loop will not execute for the 2nd way of doing it, but will for the first. Also what do you guys all recom (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script using sh

Platform : Solaris 10, RHEL 5.4, OEL 6 I've noticed that some of my colleagues execute scripts by typing sh before the script name sh myscript.shI always execute a script by typing the script name and typing enter provided PATH variable has . (current directory) in it myscript.sh (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script from desktop

Hello All, Is there a way that I can have wrapper place in my desktop and when I run it, it connect with my server and do the action. If this can happen, Can I know how to get started Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why we use -f while executing any shell script?

Hi All, I wanted to know why we use the '-f' option while executing script. in my case... abcd.sh -f any_evts 02 2014 abcd = Scriptname -f = dont know any_evts = Some file or string 02= month 2014 = year So in above pleas ehelp to understand here -f and other arguement like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajju
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the shell script

Hi Gurus, The following script fails with the error 'command not found' while trying to execute. As the error indicates, the script fails at ROW#30 where the EOF is defined for SQL statement. It appears that the script is trying execute the lines in the SQL output written to ta spool file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
7 Replies
catch(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 catch(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. The catch command calls the Tcl interpreter recur- sively to execute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to the exceptional return code returned by evaluation of script. Tcl defines the normal return code from script evaluation to be zero(0), or TCL_OK. Tcl also defines four exceptional return codes: 1 (TCL_ERROR), 2 (TCL_RETURN), 3 (TCL_BREAK), and 4 (TCL_CONTINUE). Errors during evaluation of a script are indicated by a return code of TCL_ERROR. The other exceptional return codes are returned by the return, break, and continue commands and in other special situa- tions as documented. Tcl packages can define new commands that return other integer values as return codes as well, and scripts that make use of the return -code command can also have return codes other than the five defined by Tcl. If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the result of the script evaluation. When the return code from the script is 1 (TCL_ERROR), the value stored in varName is an error message. When the return code from the script is 0 (TCL_OK), the value stored in resultVarName is the value returned from script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } SEE ALSO
break(1T), continue(1T), error(1T), return(1T), tclvars(1T) KEYWORDS
catch, error ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 8.0 catch(1T)