Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers print queue behavior on HP-UX Post 54586 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of August 2004 04:32:13 PM
Old 08-18-2004
Hmmm...why is this a problem? The link is just a symlink to the real file. Open it and you have your file. Or "ls -l" it to get the real file name. But in a case like "ps -ef | lp", it will be the real file name.

How can that third party supply a binary to an OS that they don't support?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with print queue

I have a problem with a print queue that keeps going down on me every couple of days. When it happens I run an 'enable' and all is fine for a few more days. Can anyone can tell me where to start looking to debug this problem as i am new to UNIX Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carell
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5 print queue

I have setup a printer and queue using SMIT and I have set the default tray to 4. What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to set the next tray it trys to use if tray 4 is empty to tray 3, then tray 2, then tray 1. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print queue not getting flushed

Hi All, I am new to HP-UX and new to administration world. I have a problem with two HP Laser Jet M5035MFP printers which are connected to HP-UX host machines. Problem is that whenver we print a job, the job gets printed very fine but the queue is not cleared. This makes the further jobs on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashgulati
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Queue Montior

I am very new to scripting could use some assistance polishing up my script. I have had issues with a print queue going down and needing some TLC to get it going again, however currently I have to wait for a user to complain about the issue. I have written a little script to monitor the print queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdiYUZER
0 Replies

7. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print behavior weird

Hi Experts I am facing a weird issue while using print statement in awk. I have a text file with 3 fields shown below: # cat f1 234,abc,1000 235,efg,2000 236,jih,3000 # When I print the third column alone, I dont face any issue as shown below: # awk '{print $3 }' FS=, f1 1000 2000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

10. AIX

Print queue problems

I am using AIX 5. Just swapped over an HP printer. The old printer was on a JetDirect box. The new printer connects directly to the network. Using the same IP address to print to, so the only alteration I made was to edit the etc/qconfig file to alter the port setting from 9103 to 9100. I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charding
2 Replies
ISGREATER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ISGREATER(3)

NAME
isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater, isunordered -- compare two floating-point numbers LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isgreaterequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isless(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isunordered(real-floating x, real-floating y); DESCRIPTION
Each of the macros isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), and islessgreater() takes arguments x and y and returns a non-zero value if and only if its nominal relation on x and y is true. These macros always return zero if either argument is not a number (NaN), but unlike the corresponding C operators, they never raise a floating point exception. The isunordered() macro takes arguments x and y, returning non-zero if either x or y is NaN. For any pair of floating-point values, one of the relationships (less, greater, equal, unordered) holds. SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3), math(3), signbit(3) STANDARDS
The isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), islessgreater(), and isunordered() macros conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
December 1, 2008 BSD