Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hyperterminal null modem connection to Solaris Post 54499 by seethams on Monday 16th of August 2004 10:54:45 PM
Old 08-16-2004
Thanks finster and perderabo, I just got an OK prompt on my Hyperterminal. I started a new connection with all the settings set as above. Yes, Hyperterminal definition does not have a SLIP option. I set that in the modems and network & dial up connections panels. In modems there was an option for "direct computer to computer connection" so I figured that may be where I should set things.

Thanks once again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

null modem serial cable for server testing

HI all, i still have a problem when using null modem to see the output from my server(sun ultra en 3000). i followed the instruction from the internet, but it is not working. 1. i am using db9(5 4, 2 rows,put in laptop serial port) and db25(13 12, 2 rows,put in (A) server serial port). 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
3 Replies

2. Solaris

null modem for testing

hi all.. sorry for repeating the same question many times, i just set up a null modem, i am using this as reference : DB25 DB9 -- - 2 TD ---- 2 RD 3 RD ---- 3 TD 4 RTS ---- 8 CTS 5 CTS ---- 7 RTS 7 GND ---- 5 GND 6 DSR -+ +--- 4 DTR 8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Hyperterminal

Hi all, I currently have my WinXP machine connected to my Sun server via serial cable then hyperterminal. I would like to connect my Solaris 10 machine to the server via serial cable but there doesn't appear to be a hyperterminal application included with Solaris 10. Anyone know of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bad-ash
3 Replies

4. Solaris

hyperterminal serial solaris 8

Hi All, I connected my serial connection to the installation of solaris 8 and sorry to tell you I use XP/hyperterminal, don't get mad on me... I might use ubuntu later. When I'm installing it, it's ask me below: What type of terminal are you using? 1) ANSI Standard CRT 2) DEC VT52 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Null modem cable in Ultra sparc 10

Hi Gurus, Can I use null modem cable in Ultra sparc 10 workstation Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

6. AIX

serial modem connection

I configured the serial modem in my P6-550 AIX 5.3 box But i dont have telephone line. when I run the command # cu -l /dev/tty1 the output is as follows does it mean that my modem is responding to the command? can i say my serial port is working and communicating fine? Connected ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

7. Hardware

Serial connection CAT5 instead of RS232 and Null Modem or Straight cable.

Hello, I want to connect a VT520 terminal to p3 linux box. I have two questions regarding the connection. First, is it possible to use RJ45 instead of RS232 cable. (with DB9 pin to RJ45 and DB25 to RJ45 converter). Second point is that; do i need null modem cable or straight cable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

8. Solaris

No prompt from Solaris to WinXP Hyperterminal

hi I am new to unix and have found a SPARCstation 5 in the shed. I'm told by my father that it was working when it was put there about 8 years ago. It seems to boot up and makes all the right noises, both discs appear to make a noise, the keyboard lights flash etc., etc., but i can't seem to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harrystrickland
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Modem connection between two local PCs

Hello everybody, I didn't know were to post this, so i posted here in hardware section. I'm having some troubles while trying to interconnect two pc's via modem (soft fax modem, RJ-11 jack). One is a Handheld PC (HP Jornada 728) with a single fax modem slot, and the other computer is a PC with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Carrier Detection in Solaris 8 for Dial in and Null Modem Connections

I am having troubles with carrier detection for dialing in via a modem or direct connection via a null modem connection under Solaris 8 (i.e. login session remains active after the modem disconnects). I tried two different dumb modems (which do not respond to AT commands) on the machine that I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
6 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)