Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: router and internat acess
Special Forums IP Networking router and internat acess Post 54489 by kasia on Monday 16th of August 2004 09:53:30 AM
Old 08-16-2004
router and internat acess

Hello,

My 2nd post...

Here is my case:

Now, I have a router. I have installed fresh freebsd and apache web server. I opened port 80 in router...and I am unable to access to it within my network if I use my 'external' IP. People not from my network however can acess to it.
I also installed apache web server on windows machine and opened port for it....and even within my network I can acess it if I use external IP.

Do you guys know where is the problem? Please help. Thanks

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Acess to X server on AIX

Hello, I want to allow all users on my server (AIX 5.3) to have access to X server. If they export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0, they should be able do use X server on the same machine. What should I do to do it? I've read that I must create the /etc/X0.hosts file and place in it localhost. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Acess HD from live CD

Ok, so say I boot off a live Knoppix CD. Is there any way I could access the harddrive (and files on it) from the live CD? Is it complicated? Thanks alot, John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjvacc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies
aseqnet(1)						      General Commands Manual							aseqnet(1)

NAME
aseqnet - ALSA sequencer connectors over network SYNOPSIS
aseqnet [remotehost] DESCRIPTION
aseqnet is an ALSA sequencer client which sends and receives event packets over network. Suppose two hosts connected by network, hostA as a server and hostB as a client. The ALSA sequencer system must be running on both hosts. For creating the server port, run the following on hostA: hostA% aseqnet sequencer opened: 128:0 Then a user client 128 with port 0 was opened on hostA. (The client number may vary.) For creating the (network-)client port, run aseqnet with the hostname of the server: hostB% aseqnet hostA sequencer opened: 132:0 Now all events sent to hostA:128:0 are transferred to hostB:132:0, and vice versa. The ports created by aseqnet can be connected arbitrary to other sequencer ports via aconnect(1). For example, to connect hostB:132:0 to a MIDI output device 65:0: hostB% aconnect 132:0 65:0 Then events to hostA:128:0 will be delivered to hostB:65:0. The following command plays MIDI on hostB. hostA% pmidi -p 128:0 foo.mid The multiple clients may exist simultaneously. If hostC is connected as a client to hostA, events from from hostA are sent to all con- nected network clients, i.e. hostB and hostC. However, only one connection is allowed from a client to a server. To disconnect network, stop all clients before server by ctrl-C or sending signal to them. The server will automatically quit. OPTIONS
-p port Specify the TCP port number or TCP service name. -s addr Subscribe to the given address for read automatically. -d addr Subscribe to the given address for write automatically. -v Verbose mode. SEE ALSO
aconnect(1), pmidi(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>. January 1, 2000 aseqnet(1)