Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can unix run on a pc? war.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can unix run on a pc? war. Post 5440 by avaist on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 09:33:01 PM
Old 08-14-2001
64 bit

dunno, all i know is with visual studio 6.0 i have unix. I asked if i could run linux and unix together, and this person tells me you cant run unix on a computer cause its 64 bit, then he tells me you can run variations. Well is their that much difference in variations?
I just wanted to learn the program with linux, so i dont have to have two computers.
any advice is helpfull
me

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

war file deployment

Hi Experts. I need to install one help library in Fedora 13 and I got the installation document for it: --------------------------------------------------- users need their own J2EE web application server to be able to complete this installation. The server must support J2EE - JSP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
3 Replies

2. Solaris

war file location...

hi. what is the data directory for tomcat-apache in which i will locate a ".war" file and if i up the tomcat the file will run and i can access that file using web... i want to know the home directory for Tomcat-apache. guide me please ... ---------- Post updated at 03:29 PM ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
UUIDD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  UUIDD(8)

NAME
uuidd - UUID generation daemon SYNOPSIS
uuidd [-d] [-p pidfile] [-s socketpath] [-T timeout] uuidd [-r|-t] [-n number] [-s socketpath] uuidd -k DESCRIPTION
The uuidd daemon is used by the UUID library to generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs), especially time-based UUIDs, in a secure and guaranteed-unique fashion, even in the face of large numbers of threads running on different CPUs trying to grab UUIDs. OPTIONS
-d Run uuidd in debugging mode. This prevents uuidd from running as a daemon. -k If currently a uuidd daemon is running, kill it. -n number When issuing a test request to a running uuidd, request a bulk response of number UUIDs. -p pidfile Specify the pathname where the pid file should be written. By default, the pid file is written to /var/run/uuidd/uuidd.pid. -s socketpath Specify the pathname used for the unix-domain socket used by uuidd. By default, the pathname used is /var/run/uuidd/request. This is primarily for debugging purposes, since the pathname is hard-coded in the libuuid library. -r Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a random-based UUID. -t Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a time-based UUID. -T timeout Specify a timeout for uuidd. If specified, then uuidd will exit after timeout seconds of inactivity. -q Turn on quiet flag. AUTHOR
The uuidd daemon was written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
uuidd is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuidgen(1) Linux May 2009 UUIDD(8)