Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can unix run on a pc? war.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can unix run on a pc? war. Post 5440 by avaist on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 09:33:01 PM
Old 08-14-2001
64 bit

dunno, all i know is with visual studio 6.0 i have unix. I asked if i could run linux and unix together, and this person tells me you cant run unix on a computer cause its 64 bit, then he tells me you can run variations. Well is their that much difference in variations?
I just wanted to learn the program with linux, so i dont have to have two computers.
any advice is helpfull
me

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

war file deployment

Hi Experts. I need to install one help library in Fedora 13 and I got the installation document for it: --------------------------------------------------- users need their own J2EE web application server to be able to complete this installation. The server must support J2EE - JSP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
3 Replies

2. Solaris

war file location...

hi. what is the data directory for tomcat-apache in which i will locate a ".war" file and if i up the tomcat the file will run and i can access that file using web... i want to know the home directory for Tomcat-apache. guide me please ... ---------- Post updated at 03:29 PM ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)