Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process starting
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) process starting Post 54297 by count_zero on Monday 9th of August 2004 03:39:50 PM
Old 08-09-2004
Hello MacMonster!

Thanks a lot. I am an idiot. Itīs so obvious.
I searched the /etc resp. the /private/etc path.

cya
count_zero

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture the process id when starting a background process

Hello all, How do I start a background process and save the process id to a file on my system. For example %wait 5 & will execute and print the process id. I can't figure out how to get it to a file. I've tried: > filename 0>filename 1>filename. Any assistance is most appreciated. Thanks, Jim... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jleavitt
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to starting process as daemon using ssh command?

Hello, I need to run a command on remote Linux using the ssh command from my local machine. I am able to execute the command on remote machine using ssh but it's behaving strangely. The command is supposed to start a daemon process on remote linux box and the control should return back to me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinshukla
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH starting nohup'd process - not exiting

I'm trying to ssh into a remote server, run a script which may or may not start a nohup'd background process and then exit leaving the process running on the remote server. I'm looping through a number of servers to do this but the script hangs as soon as it comes to a server where the remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_H
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem starting a process on solaris from other user

Hi Gurus, I have a server that has to users. 1) root 2)net1 there are several processes running on my server one of the process is CMIS_STACK process which is a compiled C code when this process goes missing then i restart this process manually in the following manner ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting a process whose ppid should be 1

How can I start a process with ppid as 1 instead of my current shell pid? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure file copy is complete before starting process

Hi experts, I have a requirement wherein a user is uploading a file to the Landing directory on one of our Linux servers. A cron job is scheduled to run after every 5 minutes which will pick up the files from the source (Landing) dir and copy to the target dir, and once successfully copied to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

8. AIX

Changing process id after starting

Hi We are in the situation where we want to start WebSphere using teh default SSL port of 443. In order to do this we can changed the WAS ssl port from 9443 to 443 and start as root. We would prefer not to start as root but the restriction of using ports < 1024 comes into play. We could install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hukcjv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting a process remotely

Hello all, Please, i try to start cassandra remotely but it didn't work. i don't find cassandra process when using ps aux|grep cassandra ssh -t root@g-8 -x "sshpass -p 'ubuntu' ssh -t root@10.147.243.163 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -x... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Process only 4 digit odd number starting with zero

I am trying to process only IonCode_odd #'s (always 4 digits starting with zero), but the below isn't working as expected. Is there a better way? Thank you :). IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.bam.bai IonCode_0401_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx.fastq... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
ext_unix_group_acl(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     ext_unix_group_acl(8)

NAME
ext_unix_group_acl - Squid UNIX Group ACL helper SYNOPSIS
ext_unix_group_acl [-d] [-g group ] [-g group ...] [-p] [-s] DESCRIPTION
ext_unix_group_acl allows Squid to base access controls on users memberships in UNIX groups. OPTIONS
-d Write debug info to stderr. -g group Specifies a group name to match. -p Also match the users primary group from /etc/passwd -s Strip NT domain name component from user names (/ or separated) CONFIGURATION
This squid.conf example defines two Squid acls. usergroup1 matches users in group1 , and usergroup2 matches users in group2 or group3 external_acl_type unix_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/ext_unix_group_acl -p acl usergroup1 external unix_group group1 acl usergroup2 external unix_group group2 group3 By default up to 11 groups can be matched in one acl (including commandline specified groups). This limit is defined by MAX_GROUPS in the source code. KNOWN ISSUES
Does not understand GID aliased groups sometimes used to work around groups size limitations. If you are using GID aliased groups then you must specify each alias by name. AUTHOR
This program was written by Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> This manual was written by Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> COPYRIGHT
This program and documentation is copyright to the authors named above. Distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) version 2 or later (GPLv2+). QUESTIONS
Questions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
Bug reports need to be made in English. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report. Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/ Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <squid-bugs@squid-cache.org> Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> Additionally bugs or bug-fixes can be reported to Rodrigo Campos <rodrigo@geekbunker.org> SEE ALSO
squid(8), group(5), passwd(5), GPL(7), The Squid FAQ wiki http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq The Squid Configuration Manual http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ 12 August 2002 ext_unix_group_acl(8)