Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sudo: application install question Post 54296 by forbin24 on Monday 9th of August 2004 03:34:07 PM
Old 08-09-2004
Thanks for the reply. The application is a GUI for an ADM/Router-type network element. The vendor supplied two setup files, one for a windows box and one for unix. The file for the unix machine does have "setup" in the name. I'm using "setup.exe" for the example.

If I shouldn't run the setup file from OBP, can I simply issue the following command from /

bash-2.03$ sudo /cdrom/setup.exe

I basically need to make sure the setup file tries to install in the / directory and not my home directory.

Thanks again!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo install on HP UX 11i(basic question)

Hello folks, had a question. I was trying to install sudotool on HP -UX 11i. I downloaded gzip file from sudo site and unzipped to /tmp folder on HP box how do i install it?? do i need to run "swinstall" menu and then choose from there? THanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

Install sudo

Hello I need to install sudo for one of my box with aix 5.3. I got the file but its for sudo-1.6.9p15-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm. There is a problem if I install this for aix 5.2 ? I download from IBM AIX Toolbox Download Page - Alphabetical Listing The bullfreeware.com has a older... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Install application on UNIX cluster

Hi everyone, I have a new engagement where in I would need to install an inhouse server application in a HP_UNIX cluster. Please let me know how this should be done. Satish (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_000
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo apt-get install build-essential not working

it asks for password and then following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essential what should i do to install g++ compiler? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Application install

Hi, I am currently installing an application (tar ball) on a server that involves ftp from my computer to the server directory (unix). Once it is deployed, I am now responsible to getting it to run. Using putty, i telnet/ssh to the remote node and type in the following command: vi .kshrc. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huge_ness
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo install

pkgadd -d sudo-1.7.4p4-sol10-sparc-local Sudo has been installed succesfully. Just wandering why I cannot still not use sudo. root@host#which sudo /usr/bin/sudo When I logged in using my own profile it says. I still cannot even execute visudo. Not sure what parameters Im stil missing ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to give sudo access to the personal id's to that of application id in Solaris 10?

Hi, I am using solaris 10. Requirement is I need to give sudo access to the normal id's to the application userid. Example:I have an personal id calle "rzynv5" on the solaris server.I have an application id called "gmdidp".Requirement here is when user logged in as rzynv5 next thing he... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)