Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: serial port device path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers serial port device path Post 54187 by tyskertøs on Thursday 5th of August 2004 06:34:27 AM
Old 08-05-2004
Oh. im in mac OSX

no cua0 files in my /dev directorey.
lots of others though. any idea?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with serial port

Hi, I have a external board connected to my serial port. I need to execute "shutdown -r now" command when system boot up. When system boots up it requires a username ans password. Then I need to run my command. I can use rc script but that is rebooting system before it asks for username and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie.arya
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

5. Solaris

"Device busy" When Reopening Serial Port

Any help much appreciated. I am a Java developer, not a Solaris adept. I'm having an issue reopening serial port with the Java app I am developing. I develop in Windows and deploy the app on Solaris 10 (Sunfire X4170 with Xeon.) On the target machine my app uses the two serial ports... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim Ryan
11 Replies

6. SCO

Modifying serial printers device

I am trying to change one of my serial printers from /dev/ttyr002 to /dev/ttyr014: lpstat -s device for check3: /dev/ttyr002 device for check4: /dev/ttyr002 I changed the tty setting for check3 in: /etc/printcap /var/spool/lp/admins/lp/printers/check3 to /dev/ttyr014 Then I get:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ethernet Port device path?

Hi, I have a server program that reads data coming in on USB ports. Device paths are in the format: /dev/ttyUSB0 Now, I would like to log data from another device coming in over Ethernet. My first step is trying to track down what the correct device path is which I am unsure of. Anyone... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line from serial device with BASH

I'm new to Linux (Ubuntu 16.04), and very new to BASH scripting. I have a Numato 8-channel USB GPIO device, which is a DAQ that appears in the system as a serial port. In Linux it appears as ttyACM0. I can easily manipulate a GPO with, for example: echo "gpio set 7" > /dev/ttyACM0 ...followed... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chalk-X
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
CU(1C)																	    CU(1C)

NAME
cu - call UNIX SYNOPSIS
cu telno [ -t ] [ -s speed ] [ -a acu ] [ -l line ] DESCRIPTION
Cu calls up another UNIX system, a terminal, or possibly a non-UNIX system. It manages an interactive conversation with possible transfers of text files. Telno is the telephone number, with minus signs at appropriate places for delays. The -t flag is used to dial out to a terminal. Speed gives the transmission speed (110, 134, 150, 300, 1200); 300 is the default value. The -a and -l values may be used to specify pathnames for the ACU and communications line devices. They can be used to override the fol- lowing built-in choices: -a /dev/cua0 -l /dev/cul0 After making the connection, cu runs as two processes: the send process reads the standard input and passes most of it to the remote sys- tem; the receive process reads from the remote system and passes most data to the standard output. Lines beginning with `~' have special meanings. The send process interprets the following: ~. terminate the conversation. ~EOT terminate the conversation ~<file send the contents of file to the remote system, as though typed at the terminal. ~! invoke an interactive shell on the local system. ~!cmd ... run the command on the local system (via sh -c). ~$cmd ... run the command locally and send its output to the remote system. ~%take from [to] copy file `from' (on the remote system) to file `to' on the local system. If `to' is omitted, the `from' name is used both places. ~%put from [to] copy file `from' (on local system) to file `to' on remote system. If `to' is omitted, the `from' name is used both places. ~~... send the line `~...'. The receive process handles output diversions of the following form: ~>[>][:]file zero or more lines to be written to file ~> In any case, output is diverted (or appended, if `>>' used) to the file. If `:' is used, the diversion is silent, i.e., it is written only to the file. If `:' is omitted, output is written both to the file and to the standard output. The trailing `~>' terminates the diver- sion. The use of ~%put requires stty and cat on the remote side. It also requires that the current erase and kill characters on the remote sys- tem be identical to the current ones on the local system. Backslashes are inserted at appropriate places. The use of ~%take requires the existence of echo and tee on the remote system. Also, stty tabs mode is required on the remote system if tabs are to be copied without expansion. FILES
/dev/cua0 /dev/cul0 /dev/null SEE ALSO
dn(4), tty(4) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit code is zero for normal exit, nonzero (various values) otherwise. BUGS
The syntax is unique. CU(1C)